Your wisdom, Jeepsters who use them, WHICH WINCH!

USMPK9

Your wisdom, Jeepsters who use them, WHICH WINCH!
----------------------------------------------------------------

I humbly ask for your guidance, as my "extraction experience"
has only included latching on to a M38A2, Duece, M-1,
whatever was still moving ahead of / or behind me, OR we go to

Plan "B"

"DISMOUNT"!!!! PREPARE TO PUSH!! DO IT!!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------

edited by: USMPK9, Feb 28, 2003 - 10:11 PM[addsig]

What is it you want to know about? Ask a simple question. Writing all that poetry won't do any good with wheelers.
[addsig]

I think he was looking for the Marine website and got this one by accident :-D :lol: :lol: :-D ............Bullet[addsig]

i think he is askin what winches are good, but im not sure of that.... the new 9.5 Ti looks to be a good winch, that 8274 or is it the 8724, but what ever if a great winch, very fast,
sunday i was out riding and got stuck in a mud hole at a bottom of a hill, i unspooled all of my 100' of cable on my ramsey rep 6000# winch and winched to the top of a very steep hill and never missed a lick[addsig]

I am more confused than i have ever been. :-? If you want a good winch then get a Ramsey or a Warn. :-? [addsig]

did i confuse you....i was just sayin warn makes great winches, and alotta ppl will only buy warn winches, but ramsey winches are great too[addsig]

No Far Right i wasnt confused by you, i guess i just phrased my sentence wrong.I was confused as to what USMPK9 is babbling about? :-? :-? :-?

edited by: TJoffroad00, Feb 26, 2003 - 08:44 PM[addsig]

i was wonderin cause my buddies 8274 doesnt and it takes for ever to get out[addsig]

Far right, does your buddies 8274 free spool shifter engage easily? If it's sticking, it'll be hard to free spool. Mine, I sometimes have to "thump on it " a few times to get it to disengage. It engages real easy after that.
Gota watch the free spool speed also, to fast anthe break will grab!
[addsig]

USMPK9 is a very dramatic person, but due to his title, i believe he is indeed asking for winch recomendations. just go with the flow

CARPE DIEM (sieze the carp right? :p )

note-that is an innocent joke and in no way disrespectful the USMPK9 i greatly admire any one and everyone who serves our country[addsig]

If you remove the freespool knob, it's real easy to clean the shaft and lubricate it so there are no problems. Sometimes no freespool means the brake assembly needs rebuilt, for which you would need access to a hydraulic press.[addsig]

The check ball in the clutch release shaft is under pressure from a detent spring. That steel ball popped me right square in the eye when I pulled that shaft out. OUCH :-O

I thought for sure that one would leave a mark :lol: [addsig]

Back