XJ + Snow + Rope + Rubbermaid = FUN! (PICS!)

dingus

AWESOME SITE!!

ok, so tonight i headed out with a buncha' nutty people from school here, and we got pretty creative. we used a tow rope and hooked it up to a rubbermaid tub and then to the reciever on the XJ. it was quite a night! speeds of 20 MPH plus were VERY intense... i even mastered the 360'! :lol:

check out the pics:

http://natecovington.com/ipw-web/gallery/jeepsnowfun?page=1

-nate

nice!..thats seems to be the plan for tomarrow if the boss doesn't send me to work. looks like you guys prolly had to knock a few back before ya did that...COLD! that snowman friend ya got looks like hes lovin it..nice pics!

awesome. looks like it was tons of fun, have yet to try it but i will someday. Thinking about parking in front of a school and chargin a dollar a ride..

Woke up this morning expecting to find 6 inches of snow on the ground and there was nothing :?

Nate-dog, that looked like fun, next step is a snowboard behind a snowmobile!! thats a rush. If it is a calm day and a smooth frozen lake you can get upwards of 50 MPH.

Nice Nate!Great pics, you guys definitely had a good time!

I tried that once with a 4Runner a garden hose and an industrial size stainless steel salad bowl. It was all fun and games until the salad bowl got crunched in a wreck with a curb.

Been there Done that ................ lol

Its better with a TJ and 30ft of strap doin doughnuts in a parking lot then having your frined let go and fly down hte hill everyone sleigh rided down ive ben doin that for 2 years last year my buddy broke his wrist in 2 places this year the moron broke his leg ........

STUPID RICER (WRX)

Here's the sad thing My buddy that broke his leg is supposed to leave for iraq in 8 days (he's a Jarhead)

TwistedTJ said:
Been there Done that ................ lol

I have also done something of that nature at my college (Penn State Hazleton). I hooked up a 20ft tow strap to my receiver and whipped my buddies around the parking lot and down the hill back in december. We had a blast, but our fun was cut short by the campus police who were also nice enough to give me a $104 illegal activities charge.

Nate would love to be there and DRIVE tthe Jeep! No way will you find ol tug in a rubbermaid box, hehehe looks like so much fun though! tug

...our fun was cut short by the campus police who were also nice enough to give me a $104 illegal activities charge.

yeah, i beleive that. this is why we went off campus tho, and found a hidden area. 8)

Closest we can come to that is White Sands up in NM. Gypsum is awesome to get behind a dune buggy and sand board behind till you pass out. Hell, I'm forgetting what snow is like down here in "Hell" Paso.

Great Pics Nate!

I was going to do this very same thing, we had six inches here too but ALAS I'm beyond the college days and into the world or working like freaking dog and BOTH of my jobs were open all throuought the snow. The only fun thing I did was lotsa donughts the first night as it was snowing. IT was a late night of playing but just some light stuff. Wish we coulda boarded. Maybe next time.

Great pics Nate!

Lady

Taking out a body lift..

dingus said:
...this is why we went off campus tho, and found a hidden area.

We were off campus also, however the wonderful city of hazleton has an agreement with the campus police allowing them to cite any Penn State student on- or off-campus. The cops got 38 students that night for doing what we were doing, spinning donuts and all sorts of stuff off-campus. They also got 76 students on under-age drinking since everyone decided to go crazy and get drunk because of the snow.

TARSI

Where are the skis. This would be great with a pair of ski boards. Gotta try it in the parking lot next week when i go skiing. Ill bring the snatch strap.

We have always done that everytime it snows here but the last time was disasterous. We were on a parking deck with a saucer type sled, a 20 ft strap, and a dodge. Well my friend chris was goin behind the truck and was pulled a few times. But the dumba$$ driving decided it would be fun to wip the truck around a tight turn and sling chris. well there are concrete walls extruded from the wall every 15 feet or so and chris goes plowing into one. He didn't even see it coming because he was on his back hangin on for dear life. when I walked up he couldn't breath and was gasping for air. We got him to a hospital and he ended up have 2 fractured vertibrates, a broken rip, a collapsed lung, and a bruised kidney. So last week when it snowed we just stuck to doin donuts.

Jeepster,

I am sorry for your frieind but glad you put this up so people see its not all fun and games.

My friends and I had talked about the unsafeness of towing someone on a sled material before we were even planning to do it. We had agreed on the things we were not going to do (not that no mistakes can happen).

Planning and awareness are all we really need to be safe. It is great fun, but can be quite dangerous when done like your story so we should know that.

We didnt' get to do it anyway, but I wont forget for next time!

Lady

Jeepster,

I am sorry for your frieind but glad you put this up so people see its not all fun and games.

My friends and I had talked about the unsafeness of towing someone on a sled material before we were even planning to do it. We had agreed on the things we were not going to do (not that no mistakes can happen).

Planning and awareness are all we really need to be safe. It is great fun, but can be quite dangerous when done like your story so we should know that.

We didnt' get to do it anyway, but I wont forget for next time!

Lady

Back