Xj ******* pack

XjShake

Yes I am new and yes I did search this here but couldn't find any answers.... I recently broke a leaf spring and so I was considering doing a ******* pack seeing as its christmas time... How do I go about stacking my springs with a set off a s10... My question is do I use all springs from both packs or just the longer ones.... One more question the center pin is broke flush with my spring perch so what would be the best way to remove the piece still in my perch

Keep the main jeep leaf and use the rest of the pack from s10. The leaf pack from a dakota rides better than the s10

Will the dakota springs give me enough clearance to fit my 33s... Do I just cut the eyelet off the dakota springs and stack them on my main spring and discard all my old ones... I have lift shackles but not sure what size...thanx for the replies

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20101129_195214.jpg
    ForumRunner_20101129_195214.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 378
Thats what i did im at 5.5 inches total with my shims etc. I used from a 98 dakota the later model the better it will ride.

No prob. And if you want a cheap lift block just cut the centers out of a few of your old springs and add it to the leaf pack. Stronger tgan a block as it is bolted to the springs.

That's genius... I would have never thought about that... You have any good ideas I can put on my front springs

I used some cheap 2 inch spacers with my 3.5 inch springs. The ones that come in the budget boost kits. Works great. I made my own control arms but rough country has there x flex for cheap probably go that route.

Ok... Ill probably just order a long arm kit eventually

Thats the way to go. I want to but pricey. I might get creative and make my own. My brother is a welder and im a technician so im sure we could get it figured out.

When you do let me know how out turns out... Do you run quick disconnects or just leave you away bar loose

I carry a 15 mm ratchet wrench and just take the top nut off when i head out. To scary with out sway bars. I drive it pretty hard so it needs all tge help it can get. I like discos but my last pair didnt last to long.

Ok.. Ive been running with out them... Maybe I'll hook then up and just do that... I usually carry a full tool box with me lol

Well around here I guess dakota springs are hard to come by... I guess im just going to get some s10 springs... Anything else to keep an eye out for

Hmmm durangos use the same springs. Im trying to think. Anything with a spring width the same should work as long as tge arch isnt crazy. Can be cut to length.

Hmmm durangos use the same springs. Im trying to think. Anything with a spring width the same should work as long as tge arch isnt crazy. Can be cut to length.

Not Durango springs. Dakota are leaf over. Durango are leaf under S-type springs and can be prone to sagging when on top.

Well around here I guess dakota springs are hard to come by... I guess im just going to get some s10 springs... Anything else to keep an eye out for

Double stack XJ springs, Comanche or Dakota, 1/2 ton Ram Van (I've heard must be Dodge "B" van), S10, S15, Small Jimmy and blazer. Most should be do-able. I believe XJ springs are 2.5" wide, as well as others listed.

Back