XJ drivetrain problem

GitrDun

today when coming home in my 94 xj at around 40-45 mph the whole jeep began to shake like something was binding up or vibrating real bad.
i have no clue what the problem would be besides something related to the drivetrain.... anyone have any ideas ?

its either a 3or4 in. pro comp lift with 31x10.50 a/t's and im not sure the exact mileage around 124,000

What exactly happened, cuz binding up and vibrating real bad are two different things to me.

If the front end was vibrating so bad that you had to quickly pull over and slow down to get it to stop, it's the common death wobble. While common, there is no common remedy. Could be a number of things. Most often it's too much lift on stock control arms, remedied by installing longer lower control arms. It's sometimes caused by worn track bar bushings or worn control arm bushings.

I hope you don't have the ProComp ES300o shocks.

How does this lift ride? How are the rear spring packs?

alright my brother was unclear of the situation...........the XJ is a 94 with a 3" procomp suspension lift with procomp 31x10.50 ats...........the Jeep itself has 131,758 miles on it the lift and tires have about 3,000 or so its now about 2 yrs old and has been on the street lately.........possibly could be a bad fuel pump when i last had it tested its reading way low........only does it on hills.......going up....and the Jeep doesnt shake or vibrate.........more like a little feedback on the gas peedle.........and kinda a feeling like you hit a small bump in the road......

FiC

Kind of sounds like a vacume problem, they will buck, if you have low vacume, especially under load or with the throttle mostly open (above half).
I´d do a serious inspection of all the vacume lines, paying special attention to anything connected directly to the intake and the MAP sensor.
Low fuel pressure, can run you lean, not good for a motor, can cause detenation, a motor killer.
Try retrieving the codes from the computer, if I remember correctly, a lean code will stick (be saved) in the computer.
www.jedi.com/obiwan/jeep/dtc.html has a pretty good rightup on codes and retrieval.

Back