What is the best bumper for the cash?

MuddinYJ88

I recently lifted my 88YJ 4" on 33" Pro Comp Xterrains and I have a mud terrain 33" spare. The carrier is putting quite a bit of stress on my rear door. Does anyone know a good carrier that doesnt cost 600+. Also I am looking for a good front bumper, any suggestions would greatly help. Thank You guys...

I bought the Swing-Away bumper system. After about a month, the entire thing started to lean backwards. During one back country adventure, we ended up going to town to purchse a cheap come-a-long to keep it in place.
We got back to where we live and purchased an after market brace and installed it. That lasted about 6 months.
We finally got the welder out and built a brace that goes up to the frame on both sides. I still don't trust the bumper without the come-a-long, though...

The $400-$600 range is pretty much the going rate anymore. I really like Toys By Troy's rear bumper. It ties to the frame, holds up to a 42" tire, has a receiver, and is adjustable for a 1" body lift, it runs about $550.

Your best bet for a cheaper solution might be to track down a local shop that cranks them out. You can save a lot of money that way, especially if you don't mind painting it yourself.

Back