Want a nice aluminum plate for the front of your jeep?

jcook

Rubicon NP-241 problems

i have created a license plate design on AutoCad. I am at work and don't have access to a image host. i would like to show you guys the plate. maybe some of you would like one yourself. it would be laser cut in 0.08 thick aluminum plate with only the top two mounting holes. if someone would like to host the image for me, i will email it to them.

RE: New poll

You wont need image hosting. Post this in the "for sale" forum, you can attach files in that forum and others. It seems to be disabled or was never an option in the Gen Chat forum.

Why wouldn't you have access to a site like photobucket.com ? It's sooooo easy!

If you must have it hosted as opposed to attaching the file as TC suggested, just email to me.
en49ers@yahoo.com (put jeepz.com in the subject along with your name so I know it isn't spam)

Re: RE: Best kind of video camera???

jules said:
jcook,

Is it an AutoCad 3D Model? E-mail it to me and I'll post it for ya. Rendered if you like.
abiva1@comcast.net

Jules

Yeah!!! Rendered!!! Cool!! Amazing thing, AutoCad - been usin' it since Release 9 (the old "DOS" days!!!)

Re: RE: Re: Good American Company?

I emailed mingez the pics. They should be up soon.

Also, if anyone else has any cool autocad drawing that they would like to share, let me know.

yj rear axle advice

Here you go!! BTW: Those are cool. If I had a YJ, I'd do it. :wink:

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

HERE YOU GO:

Your sig pic isn't showing because its in a tag code format, used for imbedding pics in html, etc.

You need to format it like this:
pq89j-2.jpg

Just an FYI. Let me know if you need me to host any other pics!

---mingez

Do you heat with firewood?

jcook,

E-mail me the Autocad file. I'll extrude it in 3D and Render it.
abiva1@comcast.net

jules

mud4feet said:
Yeah!!! Rendered!!! Cool!! Amazing thing, AutoCad - been usin' it since Release 9 (the old "DOS" days!!!)

Hey mud,
I've been using it since Release 9 as well. Using it for 3D now. Once you do 3D, you never go back!!

I've been working on a 3D model of my YJ. Got a long way to go and it's up to 35 Megs.

Jules

Re: RE: Do you heat with firewood?

Hey, Jules, that's really cool!!!!! I tried a few designs in 3d for my carport (which is still unbuilt) and that was really fun! It's a little tough adding that extra dimension, working in "virtual" 3d space. Unfortunately, I now work for the DOT - Microstation and Geopak!?! Any experience with that??? Personally, I'm longing for AutoCad - I'm much more efficient.

what does it do

jcook,

Can you resend the e-mail with the drawing. For some reason, my anti spam blew it away. I'll disable it for today.

Jules

josh,

Just got it but it looks like your using a newer version of Autocad than I am using. Can you send it as a dxf file (AutoCad2000) or save it as an AutoCad2000 dwg file?

Sorry to be a pain.

jules

Laser cut? What kind of machine have you got?

Drawings? I got some, but most of my drawings belong to customers, and I can't share........If there are any Harley Davidson fans here, I can send a few of those that I've been working on. I got some Jeepz drawings from when I was designing an emblem for my Jeep. I've got a few Jeep parts that I can share, but not much. I'm keeping several of them to myself, and some customer one-of-a-kinds that I can't share. What are you looking for?. All of my clean drawings are in 2D though. There are alot of good drawings to be found on the internet. I've made some good money on the side from a few free drawings that I downloaded and then modded to make them more laser friendly. Do some web searches for " free cad drawings" or "CAD share free" or something along those lines.

RE: Wipers arent working correctly

Junkpile said:
Laser cut? What kind of machine have you got?

Drawings? I got some, but most of my drawings belong to customers, and I can't share........If there are any Harley Davidson fans here, I can send a few of those that I've been working on. I got some Jeepz drawings from when I was designing an emblem for my Jeep. I've got a few Jeep parts that I can share, but not much. I'm keeping several of them to myself, and some customer one-of-a-kinds that I can't share. What are you looking for?. All of my clean drawings are in 2D though. There are alot of good drawings to be found on the internet. I've made some good money on the side from a few free drawings that I downloaded and then modded to make them more laser friendly. Do some web searches for " free cad drawings" or "CAD share free" or something along those lines.

send me the dwgs that you can share and also send some of the sites that you use to download from. i have used WWW.CBEN.NET. i love to play with acad. btw i have no machine. i know that it is cheaper to buy in bulk, so i would order more if you guys wanted one.

joshcook@ussugar.com

I'll send you some in the next few days. If you need something cut, I've got a Mitsubishi 2512LXP that loves to make Jeep parts.

how much would you charge for one plate to be cut?

$75 an hour for programming and setup, and $150 an hour for cutting time.

J/K :wink: send the drawing to CJjeepjunk@aol.com

I'll see what shipping to your location is. That and a couple of dollars for the material will do it. That's for one plate. If you want more, so you can make money off of them......I want to make money too. Fair?[/i]

RE: Rubicon NP-241 problems

I haven't forgotten about you. Sorry I haven't replied to the email yet. I'll contact you tommorrow.

Back