vinal top cleaners

what do you all you to clean and protect your sail cloth top. also what kind of wax do you all and what is the best thing to clean the plastic windows and remove scratches. apprecatie your imput thanks

"Out damned spot! Out, I say -- with Woolite!"

--Macbeth (Act 5, Scene 1)

Just as an experiment, by way of trying to salvage the very yellowed-scratched plastic windows of the Bubbacon's full soft-top, I used "Meguiars" plastic window cleaner in combination with a random orbit buffer. Requires a light-touch, but it worked wonders.

(The soft-top top was on my workbench and protected from the bench by an old blanket.)

Regards,

I can see clearly now ... Gadget

For the soft top or sailcloth top, I recommend a good coating of mud.

For wax, I recommend a good coating of mud.

Now, on my old Camry, nothing made it shine like Meguiar's Gold Class wax. But a shiny Jeep will only be an abomination in the eyes of the Jeep gods.

I tried to clean it one time when it was a week old. That was one time too many. I don't have the patience for it. It either wears mud well or it isn't even on the jeep. lol

Lady

Best clean for it is H20 straight from the hose pipe in the driveway. No buffing no getting on ladders to reach it, just spray.

RE: Cj7 motor questions

If you want the top clean, a good stiff brush and some powdered lawndry detergent, Ajax, or anyother powdered cleaner like that will work. Just scrub on it for a while and it will get clean.

For the plastic windows, there are many plastic cleaners and polishes out there. I'd reccomend starting with the cleaner, the going to the polish...and it should work out nicely.

Like others said Meguires is a good company. So is Mother's. They both make very good auto-care products.

Re: RE: 4.0 Throttle Body on a 2.5 myth???

Sparky-Watts said:

Now, on my old Camry, nothing made it shine like Meguiar's Gold Class wax. But a shiny Jeep will only be an abomination in the eyes of the Jeep gods.

Not even a cerimonial once a year coat Sparky???? :shock:

I mean, I am with you, I have a piece of mud plastered to my passenger side mirror from Thanksgiving still (mainly becasue I am an idiot and drive around in oregon with no doors in the winter) but still like to rinse er' down once in a bit for the lady folk 8)

Roundlights said:
Sparky-Watts said:

Not even a cerimonial once a year coat Sparky???? :shock:

I mean, I am with you, I have a piece of mud plastered to my passenger side mirror from Thanksgiving still (mainly becasue I am an idiot and drive around in oregon with no doors in the winter) but still like to rinse er' down once in a bit for the lady folk 8)

Oh, yeah, I'll hose it off after a good muddin' adventure. Even hand washed it a couple of times with soap. Waxed it once, too. Probably will wax it again sometime this spring, but hey, it's a Jeep, I don't put much effort in keeping it clean. It's gonna just get dirty again, right?

Hmmm, sailcloth tops are relatively new, and I'm not so sure you should randomly try cleaners on them. I'd call Bestop or just hit it with a hose.

Back