use mumber 1001 for duct tape

jeepdude832

well we all use it so heres my latest use installed 6 inch lift springs today and I have been disconected for a while now. But now I am really tipsy so While I wait for my new quick discos I used a dowel rod and duct tape to make temporary sway bar conectors.. Any body else got any crazy ways they used duct tape on there jeeps? "Remember if women dont find you handsome they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Used some duct tape the other day to hold my liscence plate on. It got ripped off on a rock, then I got pulled over a few days later for not having it, so I used a little duct tape...

This one's not a duct tape use but just about as good....blew my rad hose the other day. Had a small bottle of crazy glue in the console. Glued the hell out of the hole in the hose, waited 10 minutes and presto, no more leak! Held long enough for the hour's drive home from work. Think I'm gonna keep a bottle of this stuff in my jeep all the time, just in case.

Swap newer overhead console into 89 XJ?

I did the same thing as Sully. My rear windows and door skins would start flapping in the breeze.

Steering fluid leaking

Christian Im guessing you did this after I left your house ......... lol your too much !!!
I swear give you a bar of soap a paperclip and a thumbtac and youll find away to make a bomb

SOME ONE ELSE WATCHES THE RED GREEN SHOW!!!

Ironically It is not good for use on duct work! after about a month the tape just falls off.

I used duct tape to seal up the slip yoke on my np 231 a couple years back when I threw the drive shaft off. Got me home some 20 miles away! I also used it as a sort-of vibration isolator in my OBA set up.

Fix any screen door in just seconds.

I will leave some fo rothers

I used it this morning on my top on my way to school. My windshield channel screws keep stripping out and the middle of the channel pops up and lets alot of cold air in, not to mention its prob not good for my top. So i duct taped it down and it held all the way to school and back (about 2 1/2 hours round trip). Once I got home though, i taught that channel a lesson when i pop-rivetted that sucker on.

TARSI

Every Jeep tool kit should consist of the following:
Duct tape, JB Weld, ratchet straps, wire ties, fix a flat, carb cleaner and a BFH (big freaking hammer)
Portable sawzall is an option, but highly recommended.
The bolt holes stripped out of my transfer case mount one day deep in the trail. It fell off the transmission shaft and was laying in the skid pan. A good ole ratchet strap got me out of that one. Believe it....or not!

Re: Whitey is gone forever

redrooster said:
Every Jeep tool kit should consist of the following:
Duct tape, JB Weld, ratchet straps, wire ties, fix a flat, carb cleaner and a BFH (big freaking hammer)
Portable sawzall is an option, but highly recommended.
You for got to add the Vise Grips! or is that a option on the tool kit?? Hey then My Jeep has a "option" hehe

Project Jeep Anyone?

Yeah. You're right on the vise grips. They are great for pinching off busted brake lines.

I did the same thing jps4 did, stupid slip yokes, my jeep box never has less than a full roll of duct tape.

Best baby sitter in the world, Just duct tape them youngen to the tree out back and the world is at peace once again! tug

A few other things that should be added to the Jeep repair box. Mechanics wire..ok for you ole timers.. bailing wire. 2 million uses and still counting.
rachtet straps also work very well as a front track bar..yes three of them did the job as an XJ's track bar and we got it off the Goldenspike trail, through the Gold bar rim trail and drove it back 15 miles into Moab.
Plastic zip ties...a pricless little wonder that gets you kisses from the pretty ladies to cold beers from your friends when they break something on there jeep 50 miles from the nearest hardware store.
tire repair kits.. the ole plug type... never leave home without it.
gas tank repair kit...this little dutch boy kit has save over 50$ in fuel from various tanks. the rubber glue and patch sticks to a dripping tank..a must when your deep in the rocks and yanking some one over 4+ obstacles suck rocks...

Back