Tug's new jeep

Oh Yeah! Just needs an engine swap and your all set. Good luck driving 100 feet down the road though...

Mercy!! Not exactly a grocery-getter, is it? Just under 5 hours left on the auction at the time of this post, and only $1875 bid? Still hasn't hit the reserve, though....wonder what the reserve is?

Sully knows I love an ugly Jeep! That would be a great toy! I have a 5.7 350 out of a 3/4 ton GMC that runs like a top but! I would also need to get to the job form time to time in it and the thing looks more like a trailer queen. tug

Well tug, I thought yur next jeep was going to be more of and "offroad" toy.

Your affection for ugly jeeps makes the name Tugly sooo appropriate. The next one, provided its ugly, should be Tugly II. :)

Sully said:
Well tug, I thought yur next jeep was going to be more of and "offroad" toy.

It will be an off road toy but I have to get there and back from time to time so it still can't be all welded up and running bead locks. I was happy with my ol YJ jezabell and she was fine both road and trail other than 5th gear being lost in the lift and tires and all. However I have a good idea this time I will have the diffs regeared at the same time I get all lifted up and fitted with tires. You live and you learn. tug

Dude, $2000 for a cj5 on rockwells!!

Tug go for it man, you said you bought the burb to tow your next jeep!!!

If you buy that, I am on the next plane to Tenn and were gonna chrissen that biotch!

I have seen many Rockwell Jeeps first hand and can tell you that this setup is all wrong. First off the tires are too small, 42's are minimum. A six cyl is probably way underpowered for that rig and the transmission is sketchy for the abuse that it will see.
Rockwells are so dang heavy that you have to have a huge motor and not be afraid to push the skinny pedal. That's why every time you see rockwells in action the tires are spinning 900 mph. It takes a lot of motivation to get them to climb. I would put a one ton setup with 42's against a Rockwell setup with 44's anyday. The only advantage the Rockwell will have is four wheel steering if equipped.
Keep searching Tug, you can find a better one than that.

But Red It has rockwells!

But!

But!

OK never mind :cry:

Tire and engin size would have to depend on the gearing. I honestly didn't read the entire auction, so I don't know what the specs onit are. but for $200 you have one hell of a starter rig that can take a beating! drop in a big block down the road!

Back