(TUG!) anyone used an escrow service before???

dingus

well, i got myself hooked up on a deal with an escrow service and i'm just looking for feedback as to if anyone has used this particular service before. it looks legit, but just for my sanity... its GB-Escrow.com...........

this is a transaction dealing with the laptop i got scammed with before when i sent it to the philippines and had to shell out 400 bucks in shipping to make sure it got back to me...

tug... i know you're into the whole online selling stuff...

-nate[addsig]

i know i'm paranoid, but for a good reason... i looked at their website, and they have a .php software like this one here, i have noticed 3 spelling mistakes (credibility...?) and they are located in the UK... their copyright thing at the bottom reads 1999-2002... (its 2003 now...)... and their website is not listed in yahoo!...

-nate[addsig]

ok, i went to http://www.sos4auctions.com/escrow/escrow.asp

Detailed Site Record:

View Site Report Go To Site
SiteURL: GB-Escrow.com Address: 216.239.129.154 Notified: 15-Jan-2003
HostURL: RedLineHosting.com Site2URL:
Related1: EscrowSOL.com Related2: BE-Escrow.com
Created: 11-Nov-2002 Reported: 24-Nov-2002 Modified: 15-Jan-2003 Origin:
Type: Escrow Evaluation: Fraudulent Status: Active Appearance: Active
Comments:
Another eGold site. Terms stolen from Escrow.CA. Some content also stolen from Escrow.com. Claims to be based in the UK. Payment and transaction terms are rather muddy. Site says both that the seller ships to the buyer and that the seller ships to the company which then ships to the buyer. Notification sent to the hosting site. 25-Nov-2002: Status changed to account suspended. 26-Nov-2002; re activated. 11-Dec-2002: Status changed to wounded; future home. 15-Jan-2003: Rehosted on RedLineHosting.com.

--->it says its fraudulant so i'm just gonna bail on this transaction...
[addsig]

I'd bail on that also. I don't have much experience with online services but i do use ebay and I still haven't figured out escrow yet. Just seems like something that i should keep clear of.[addsig]

Sorry I do not use or have any information that I can give on online Escrow accounts. All an Escrow does is hold moneys that are not yours untill all parties agree that the deal is done. Tug[addsig]

Back