trans/transfer oil

frhrwa

I read a while back about some supposed to be, really good oil for the trans/transfer case.. I believe it was MT-90? is this correct, or do you know the name of the oil that makes stiff shifts smooth? mine works great, after it warms up, but before that, tough...

I'd go with a major branded lube that meets factory specs. Some of that stuff that is hyped by folks working out of their car is a bit suspect and usually expensive. Better is just getting normal stuff and changing more often.

The additives that claim to fix things usually just cover it up, sometimes making the problem worse in the long run.

I read a while back about some supposed to be, really good oil for the trans/transfer case.. I believe it was MT-90? is this correct, or do you know the name of the oil that makes stiff shifts smooth? mine works great, after it warms up, but before that, tough...

what brand/ make, and model tran & case do you have ? looks like you have a standerd, and gear driven case? you could go with royal purple, or amzoil. if that is so..

if you have a manual transmission what I went with for my trans was penzoil synchromesh. Everything shifts very smoothly and im very happy with it

Redline MT90 is what you seek, a full synthetic that shifts smooth even when cold. I get mine from Summit Racing.

Back