Trail Ratings for City Streets

joejeepny

The roads in New York are getting so bad from this snow and ice and construction that we are starting a trail rating system for city streets.

green= all vehicles experience safe passage

green1= cars use caution. Road variences cause coffee spills
green2= cars use extreeme caution. Reduce speed as neccesary. Loss of hub covers and tire damage possible.
green3= cars use damage avoidence techniques. Damaged tires and wheels frequent. Alignment and steering damage possible.
blue1= cars should avoid this area at all costs. Suv's and Jeep's experience coffee spills
blue2= cars should avoid this area at all costs unless on the way to burn somewhere for an insurance job. Suv's may experience suspension compression bottoming. Small risk of damage to light truck tires.
blue3= Suv's should avoid this area. Tire and wheel damage possible.
black= Jeeps ONLY.

Update on Streets with ratings:
Canal street = blue1
Morgan avenue brooklyn= blue2
grand street brooklyn= blue1

That's pretty good, wish I could try out some of your streets

In hazleton West Mine street would probably rate a blue3. I used to take people there in my jeep and scare them just for the fun of it.

TARSI

hahahaha nice hey jow were u in manhattan the night of the snow??? i was driving down 6th ave sideways i have never seen that street move so quickly before....

I almost got my omni stuck in this crater of a hole on comm ave in Boston this morning. had to be 8 inches deep which doesn't sound bad, but when your riding on 13" rims, another story.

They don't repave streets down here in Hell Paso. It's like a rock crawling competition down here. Definetly Black... The whole city.

Jeez, I wish they'd rate all of the streets here in LA black. Would make life a whole lot more pleasant!!

geopig said:
Jeez, I wish they'd rate all of the streets here in LA black. Would make life a whole lot more pleasant!!

For LA streets you want some 44 inch tires so you can crawl up and over all of the traffic!

Back