toughest bumpers for $$

hoobness

RE: Re: SugaMamas

So what are the toughest bumpers for the money?

ARBs are rediculus $700! -heck I could take a welding class, buy a welder, find scrap 4130 and build my own for cheaper than that!

And I have a new trade!

come to think of it thats not a bad idea...

RE: CJ front seat risers/sliders assembely

There, see that you answered your own question. Making your own would be the toughest bumper for the money ;)

There's a company out of North Vancouver, Canada called Serious Metal who makes some good, solid bumpers. I bought their rear bumper/tire carrier. It was half the price of the Warn. I'm not sure if it's available in the States but they probably ship.

RE: T-case rebuild

Sully, I think you sold me on those rear bumper/carriers from rock-it man. Thanks for that link.

RE: teraflex lift

Yea, the ARB Bull bars are expensive, but they sure can take a beating! Ive slid off a rock into a tree with it, not a mark, ive fallen onto large boulders with it, not a mark, heck, i even rear ended a civic with it! #g to fix the civic, not a mark on the ARB. But if thats a little out of your price range, i suggest you check out Spyder Customs. They are a shop located in Denver that makes very high quality parts. http://www.spydercustoms.com/ Ive purchased their rockers, and am going to get the tube fenders and the rear stinger bumper. Hope this helps!

RE: Re: The death of Hunter S. Thompson

Sweet spyder customs.

those rocker guards are great, and that front bumper. Those are the things I want! I think Ill pick up 3rd shift!

Remington Mud Brute..question

I dont know what it is that you are driving, but if anyone owns an XJ and is looking for a good quality bumper I suggest the ones made by Rigid

http://www.rigidco.com/

found another for anyone who is looking for future mods..

www.shrockworks.com

I like the rocker protectors, (every summer when I take off the doors that fear of being broadsided is never far as I go through an intersection)
...identical to the spydercustoms, and Im sure when they get the YJ bumpers out for sale they will be just as nice. Moderatly priced too.

MerkL said:
Sully, I think you sold me on those rear bumper/carriers from rock-it man. Thanks for that link.

Just dont tell him you know me, he will charge you more! :lol:

Jk he builds good stuff.

as much as I can't stand the ARB's cause of the price, IMHO, nothing tougher! I have seen one go through a 8 inch thick tree, no harm except to the tree! as well as bounce off rocks!

You get what you pay for!

Back