Top 4 SUVs in NHTSA Roll Over Tests.

southtj

RE: Re: RE: Winches

http://www.whiotv.com/money/4644134/detail.html

The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration said SUV's are getting safer.

The report comes after several SUVs eared four-star ratings in roll over tests. The top SUVs include the Acura MDX, The Ford Free Style, The Jeep Wrangler and the Honda CRV.

Experts said manufactures are responding to pressure to make SUVs safer.

Jeffery Runge said, "Consumers have to have the information and when they have the information and act on the information then manufactures will respond and the market works."

Wow! the old Jeep has really come a long way. I remember not too long ago the Jeep Wrangler was probably at the bottom of that same list.

edit: And I must add that while my TJ is no race car it does handle corners much better than I expected when I bought it.

New shocks but...steering linkage - leaking lube

Must be that car like dashboard :lol:

Maybe as a stock jeep but throw on a 6" lift and hardtop and I wouldnt be slamming through any corners!

I've never thought of a Wrangler as an "SUV". I've always just thought of them as "Jeeps"...and they're their own classification.

And seeing the other's listed, the term "SUV" is definatly being used pretty loosly these days!

Back