To all you Primus fans

bryanjeep

Man, I went to see Primus last night and was it an awesome show!!! If you have a chance go see them. This is their first tour together in years I heard. Even if you haven't heard of Primus, download their song "My Name is Mud." You will be amazed what their frontman/ bass player does on the bass.

It kind of sucked that I went alone and I was the only normal guy there. Everybody else was a freak. It kind of made me feel like a preppy college. :wink: . But it was fun!

:lol: Dude, thanks for the heads up. Primus and that song rock, and always have. I hear there are alot of great alt rock bands coming the dc/baltimore way this spring. I hope I get to see a few shows.

Lady

Primus rocks... I gotta catch thier show when the come to the east coast. I'm glad they are back together, I saw them a few years ago, they put on a great show.

Claypool is a bass god.... nothing short of that.. i'm not a big primus fan.. but i play bass... claypool, flea, and cliff burton... they are among the legends

Totally, Claypool rules. It's not even fair. I like Primus, and I wouldn't exactly call myself a fan, but CLAYPOOL I am a fan of.

Reminder to stand far away when pulling someone from the mud

man i love songs with a bass line that stands out and is played as a lead.

could be i'm a bit partial. gota start playing more.

Yeah, I play bass too. You really have to be a bass player to understand the talent Les has. He is definetley my idol.

If any bass players REALLY want to know how to play "My Name is Mud", then download the Woodstock '94 performance of the song and watch his hands go to work.

Four words....."Winona's Big Brown Beaver"
Primus is probably the most underated band to come out of the whole "Alternataive" genre of rock. Any Buckethead fans here?

Primus is just one of those bands that you really have to be into pounding bass lines and wierd vocals. It isn't metal if you are thinking that.

did you say buckethead........got to love that one ........Winona's Big Brown Beaver....and my name is mud.........les claypool rocks.........you know he auditioned for metallica after cliff died......

FIC

You never heard of Buckethead? :shock:

Wow! Who do you think the best guitar player is?

Buckethead is better (he was in Guns and Roses for like a week
and he plays with Primus alot)

image-missing.png

Back