TJ fender flare conversion on YJ

DannyBlaze

I once came upon a Tech Article about this TJ fender flares conversion on jeep YJ's....I remeber it was quite easy to do...and since the flares are a bit wider, they cover a bit more wider tires...Anybody has done this, knows a tech article about it...maybe a link or something would be really appreciated... :-D

Thanks[addsig]

OK!! For those who are intrested, i found the old link...here it is!!

4x4Wire.com Tech Article

Extra tire clearence and more style for our YJ!! :lol:

edited by: DannyBlaze, Mar 24, 2003 - 05:13 PM[addsig]

damn, that shiznit is pretty cool.

I wonder if you can do the same conversion on an old CJ?[addsig]

damn, that shiznit is pretty cool.

I wonder if you can do the same conversion on an old CJ?

Yep. YJ flares are a common upgrade for CJ's, but why not go the extra clearance and use TJ flares.[addsig]

:-D GLAD people actually found this post usefull!!

Yeah i've seen that on CJ's too and its awsome!!! I like the side markers imbedded in the flare...damn there sweet!! :-O [addsig]

I'm planning on doing this in about a month or so and I have a couple of questions.

1. Can I use any flare off a TJ or do I have to buy a special kind
2. Will these provide enough room to clear 31s?
3. If they won't clear 31s, what cheap options do I have of fitting 31s excluding a body or shackle lift?

Thanks
TARSI[addsig]

F.Y.I.

I installed the TJ flares on my YJ and if your interested, go to my web pictures and you can see the flares installed along with pictures of the pieces that were cut off, cardboard templates and the comparison between the TJ and YJ flares. This conversion is pretty straight forward if you have the tools and the time. The front flares are easy to fit. Line them up, mark and cut. The rears however need a little more attention. Make sure they are not placed too far forward or you will cut into the body panel and create a hole into the tub.

Another nice upgrade is to install the TJ gas filler on your YJ.

As always.... Measure ten times and cut once. :cool: [addsig]

Back