Tj 98 with extended fender flares seem to be sagging?

Tjjoe22

I just purchased my first jeep today and seems like the fenders ( even the green metal ones which the flares are attached) seem to be sagging. Is this normal?
Also if anyone can send me a link for quality 4" suspension lifts for a decent price

Last edited:

Tjjoe22 said:
I just purchased my first jeep today and seems like the fenders ( even the green metal ones which the flares are attached) seem to be sagging. Is this normal?
Also if anyone can send me a link for quality 4" suspension lifts for a decent price

Post sum pic so we can see war u r talking about and there quadratec.com and sum cheap lift kits r on roughcountry.com too check out those website they will have everything u need for ur jeep

Post sum pic so we can see war u r talking about and there quadratec.com and sum cheap lift kits r on roughcountry.com too check out those website they will have everything u need for ur jeep

I've ordered from Quadratec before, and they're pretty good (Also I used to live in York, PA and their warehouse is/was in Hanover, PA (IIRC), so their ground shipping would arrive at my door on the same day :) ), but I've ordered a lot of stuff for my current suspension from 4WD Hardware ( www.4WD.com ). Sometimes their price is a little higher than Quadratec but 4WD will accept coupon codes (Quadratec doesn't) so you can usually scour the internet and find a discount somewhere of at least 5%. They have good customer service also (not that Quadratec doesn't). Other good places for suspension and other pieces that you may not easily find are Rusty's Offroad Products (great quality skids and suspension) Rustys Offroad , PORC ( Performance Off Road Center ) for SYE and other components, and UnderCover Fabworks ( Under Cover Fabworks, LLC - undercoverfab.com - Main Page ) mostly skids and bumpers. There's much more, but that should get you started :).

The only Jeep I have ever seen with "sagging" fenders had rolled on snow. Nothing else was damaged (hard top had a hairline fracture across the top - looked mostly cosmetic) . It was a CJ7, the guy slid on ice, clipped the curb, and did a couple of slow, easy rolls down the embankment in a couple feet of snow. The two front fenders were pushed down making the Jeep look "sad" from the front. They did not want to be pulled back up (by hand anyway) - they were bent good. -John

Back