There goes the neighborhood :-( (OT)

bigTlilODD

I just saw that Mr. Rogers died. That's not allowed to happen! I loved watching that show, as a child. Talk about a cultural icon. Say what you want about him, but he taught kids well. A heck of alot better than "kids" shows of today. He taught us to have an imagination, the land of make-believe. Now kids let the TV be their imagination. He taught us lessons about life. The shows today just flash images on they screen and give kids seizures. A great man will be missed by me.[addsig]

NOOOOOOOOO dude that really sucks!!! I used to watch Mr. Rogers everyday as a kid. It was my favorite show. He will indeed be sorely missed :-( [addsig]

aww dude! i loved that show...[addsig]

This one time they were making grilled cheese on the show and I was inspired to make some of my own. Unfortunately I was only 5 and I got yelled at when my mom got home. Why couldn't it have been Mr. McFeely to go?! What a horrible name for a childerens' show character... who the hell thought of that one?! Sounds like a sick joke to me! -Mike :-D [addsig]

Cancer Sucks! i to will miss MR. Rogers! I feel bad that my little girl will not see his show . life is short enjoy . Steve :-? :-( :-? :-x [addsig]

The news said the old Mr. Rogers shows will continue in sydication. I think I heard somewhere that one of his children took over the show when he retired 2 yrs ago so good news for all the little ones out there. I can't stand the cartoons my kids watch today, power puff girls(I call them crack head kids) dexter's lab, and junk like this. Oh well so much for the good old days.................Bullet[addsig]

bling,bling...what's that Mr. trolly..bling,bling....oh you miss Mr. Rogers..yes we do to bling, bling..bling, bling...now that Mr. Rogers is gone you want to trade you trolly in for a Jeep? bling,bling...I agree I can't think of a better vehicle to get you of that dang track. :lol: [addsig]

HAHA! But seriously... I'm still young, and I remember watching Mr. Roger's back in the day. I remember when they visited the police dept. and took a tour. And I'm sure that everyone will miss Trolly.

With everything that the little one's see (Barney - I hate that purple padded, crackheaded, over cheery excuse for a saturday morning show; Teletubbies - I won't even start on that one; Thomas the Tank Engine - that's not soo bad though; and the others) Mr. Rogers was a great stimulant to the youths minds. I can remember Capt'n Kangaroo too.... that was a hoot.

The world will be a lesser place knowing that one of the Good Guys is gone..... :-( [addsig]

Mr. Rogers was the greatest.I used to watch that show too.I will miss him and trolly. :-( O ya jeepmaster,my dad saw the crayon making episode too.Brings back good memories. Later :wink: Sully [addsig]

It's a sad day in the neighborhood boys and girls. :-( [addsig]

I grew up in the land of make believe as well...Mr Rodgers will be missed.

In response to Jeeper84's Mr Mcfeely response, Mcfeely was Fred Rodger's middle name. No, I didn't memorize that, saw it on the news. lol

Rob :p :cool: :) [addsig]

Back