The New "Crosslander"

mingez

the saga contimues...

There's a new 4x4 coming to the US: the Crosslander.

It has a landrover feel, and looks pretty neat. I guess it was a Chech military vehicle. I think I like it, and the price is right.

image-missing.png

The Cross Lander 244X, which is based on a military line of vehicles that have been produced for more than 50 years in Eastern Europe, is set to make its U.S. debut in about six months. The vehicle is expected to sell starting in the low $20,000.

Specifications
- Engine:
- Type: 4.0 liter V-6
- Aspiration: EFI
- No. of Cylinders: 6
- Bore & Stoke (mm): 3.95 x 3.32
- Compression Ratio: 9.7:1
- Maximum Horsepower: 207
- Max Torque: 238
- R.P.M @ Max Torque: 3000

Transmission:
- Wheel Drive: Permanent 4x2; Part Time 4x4
- Type: 5-speed; Manual and/or Automatic
- No. of Gears: 5 + 1 synchronized
- Ratio of Gears: 3.40; 2.05; 1.31; 1.00; 0.79; Reverse 3.40

Suspension:
- Front Axle: Coil Springs & Shock Absorbers
- Rear Axle: Leaf Springs & Shock Absorbers
- Differential: Symmetrical
- Ratio: 3.73
- Brakes: Hydraulic Dual Circuit, Power Assisted
- Front Axle: Ventilated Disc
- Rear Axle: Drum
- Power Steering: Hydraulic Power Assisted
- Turning Radius: 41 Feet
- Max. Slope (degrees): 40

Dimensions:
- Length: 178 in.
- Width: 72.2 in.
- Height: 73 in.
- Wheel Base: 102 in.
- Ground Clearance: 7.8 in.

Fuel Consumption
- City: 17 MPG
- Highway: 22 MPG
- Fuel Capacity: 25 Gallons

Trailer Towing Capacity:
- With Trailer Brakes: 5,049
- Without Trailer Brakes: 1,650

RE: AGR or rebuilt stock steering box?

I think it looks pretty good, but I think I'll stick to Jeep.............can't afford the airline ticket to go searchin' through junkyards for parts!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope it makes it this time :roll:

It may be a different company, but that looks like the same vehicle that a couple of importers have been trying to sell here for years and years. I thought it was called the "Aro" or something like that though.....

SOA with 4" lift springs - Good or Bad??

It looks like it has more room than the Liberty. Maybe even as much as a GC. It gets better gas mileage than both and costs less then both. Hmmmmm........might have to consider this one if it ever does take off here. I've always liked the looks of the Land Rovers, but could never justify spending that much money for a stock 4x4. I'll have no problem spending 30-40k to make a Jeep a cool trail rig, but starting out with a stock vehicle at that price would be nuts.

Rusty's VS RE Rnd 835

Looks like it has potential.

Wonder if it ships standard all snorkeled & winched out like that??

I'd at least test drive it once, only once though, I would not be allowed back on the lot after my "test drive"

I could just see the look on the sales mangers face bringing it back steamy & not so clean! :shock:

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FJN/is_8_38/ai_n6156130

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102121

There is ALOT more info out there about this vehicle, some of it from earlier attempts to bring it over. I'm curious to see what the actual specs are after it gets through government approval. Other countries have different design requirements that vehicles are built around.

It's got all of the stuff that would attract SUV owners that actually plan on using them for more than transportation. The Ford Vsicks engine and IFS turn me off too much. Hopefully it won't turn into the Yugo of the offroad world.

Jeep Wrangler, Land Rover and Hummer offer no-compromises off-road products, but none are as basic as the 244X, which comes with such primitive accoutrements as roll-up windows, a bare-bones interior and few measures aimed at reducing noise, vibration and harshness.

A spokesman for Land Rover says Cross Lander poses a legitimate threat to the entry-level SUV market, although it wouldn't compete with Land Rover's luxury cache and high level of technology.

"I think Jeep Wrangler proves you can establish a brand," he says.

There's still hope! Sounds like they're on the right track.

RE: Lifting A J20

mud4feet said:
Jeep Wrangler, Land Rover and Hummer offer no-compromises off-road products, but none are as basic as the 244X, which comes with such primitive accoutrements as roll-up windows, a bare-bones interior and few measures aimed at reducing noise, vibration and harshness.

A spokesman for Land Rover says Cross Lander poses a legitimate threat to the entry-level SUV market, although it wouldn't compete with Land Rover's luxury cache and high level of technology.

"I think Jeep Wrangler proves you can establish a brand," he says.

There's still hope! Sounds like they're on the right track.

I agree with that, but what would it have taken to throw a solid axle under there? I hate to beat the IFS hatin' drum again, but I really hate IFS. I'm with Junkpile on this one.

Back