The Brotherhood of Jeepsters

Utah_jeepster

Super Moderator
Ok my Jeep let me down again...ok it didnt but my tire did...yes I got my first flat tire today coming home from work some left a 2 inch long nail on the freeway for me to find.. (lucky me!) Well out comes the old manual tire wrench then 20 year battle to get the hi-lift out and set up(gowd I should invest in AAA or some thing)...oops I have been working at this for 15 minutes.. Unoin break time..lol As I manfully twist off the lugs (going to kill the kid who impacted those suckers on when I get done here). A fellow Jeepster pulled up behind me and turned on his hazards (gee did he find a nail too?) George (who I dont know yet) was kind enough to not only stop but had an on-board compressor system on his 2002 TJ a friendly smile and an offer to help a fellow jeepster where it was needed.
George (my new best friend and whom I going to name my next child afterward for) whipped out the ole handy dandy impact and lent a hand helping me change my flat tire(hope he wasnt expecting money because I make Scrooge look like a saint here).

To make a long story short without even asking George helped me remove to impailed tire and mount my spare as to why he did this ?

If you have to ask...you dont own a jeep and wouldnt understand.

It is a Jeep thing

Nice!Helpful Jeepers in action.......the way everyone should be.

Nothing better than the bright eyes of a fellow Jeeper when you stop and ask them if everything is, "Alright" I think I made a "brand new" Jeeper's day one Sunday morning for stopping and just checking on him and making myself late for Church. Never know when the guardian angels are riding Jeeps and just want to enjoy the Jeep spirit. ;) Glad you got help.

May every Jeeper learn from George.

Disney Oklahoma and Joplin Missouri

ive stopped for pulled over jeeps. they waved the thumbs up, quickly followed by him standin up and screamin HELL YEAH!! lol

thats great to hear. whenever i see a stranded jeep i wnat to pull over and help but im usually with my parents and they wont let me!

when i've thought of pulling over, it ends up the person is on a cell phone.

Good to hear a fellow jeeper helping out another, makes me proud to own a jeep when i hear stories like that . . . do you think a hummer owner would stop and help another . . . i dont think so!!! ~ Justin

Replacing the jeep outer door handles?

Utah! Awesome stort (I like the included humor) Awesome example of the comrodery that encompasses the life style all of us have embraced (bought a thesuraus today hehe, but apparently not a dictionary. dooh!)

My actions would have been one and the same. But I don't limit my good will to just the jeeps. I will stop for anyone on the side of the road and ask if they need help/cell phone. I believe that if you do a good turn daily, you will recieve in ten fold!

Obscure referance
I was on my to NH last friday at 12:30 at night and saw hazzards on the side of the road, It was a canadian guy in a tacoma try to read a map. I pulled up on the left of him (yes I was in the grass, sort of wheelin' hehe) asked if he needed help, Unfortunatly I don't speak french and he didn't speak english all that well. I understood his hand gestures that he was alright. I felt alot better!

Johnny

Yeah, I always try to stop for jeepers when they are on the side of the road. I figure If I stop for them, maybe theyll stop for me if I ever need help.

TARSI

Utah, I told you everything comes in threes! This is your last one. You should be good to go now. LOL Unfortunately, I hardly stop to help people...............I used to but one time I did at 4 am and was alone. It was last year, while coming out to help my mother who was broke down on a paper route, I saw another car on the side of the road I lived on, which is a really long country road. I tried to help him and he was a really fishy older man who wanted me to "DRIVE" him to the hospital. He was in his own car on the side of the road and said he had stomach pain but couldn't drive anymore. He was half dressed and very agressive and I was uncomfortable with the whole situation. I stayed on the phone with 911 the whole time from when I called them. The (male) operator even advised me to pull ahead to where the "vicitim" couldn't get to get into my car. He was forcefully trying to get into my car the whole time.

I just can't trust people like that being a Lady. Also, last year while driving alone in broad daylight a lady got out in traffic and started beating on the drivers side of my car and yelling at me for no freaking reason. I almost had to call 911 again.

If it was daylight and a busy road, I'd stop. Otherwise, experience and stories lead me to not stop. I know Jeepers are usually good people but there area lso too many whacko's in this world. Like random though, most daytime breakdowns I see seem to already have it under control.

Lady, We just need to give you a big stick. whack'em away. dirty old men. HA!!

I need help.......the steering box is bad and needs to be replaced....donations are being accepted at SaveThePit.com.

(Just kidding, but thought it fit in nice here)

Rob 8) :p :)

today my bro from a diffrent mother called me, he broke his steering shaft thingy behind the wheel and it spun like the wheel of fourtune! Being the cool kid on the block with the winch, i went and pulled his car in a parking place. It was an interesting feat to parallel park a car with absolutley no steering. The warn worked great and we had alot of people from the surronding stores come and watch. I hope they will think positive of jeepers next time they see one!

ya i should start charging my ricer friends to use my winch!

Back