Tego Gets His Man!

This is way off topic, but for those interested in police K-9 work, check out the video on this web page:

http://www.southerntierpolicek9.com

My son is a K-9 (patrol and drug dog) handler-policeman with an upstate NY police department. He also owns and operates a side business of breeding and training police dogs.

Tego, the Belgian Malinois police dog in the video is a pup from the March 2002 litter. I was the nervous grandpa watching over mother and litter at birthing time.

The cop wearing the bite sleeve and playing "bad guy" in the video is 6'5", 250 lbs, and he was not acting for the camera in the video.

Amazing how your grandkids turn out, isn't it?

:wink:

Gadget

Sweet. The Belgian Malinois is a beautiful animal. I wouldn't want to run from one. Gotta have those feet planted sqaurely in a wide stance if you have a chance at staying on your feet when you wear the sleeve. Look's like you've got a lot to be proud of.

To: Tug and Bounty

Thanks!

Bounty The Belgian Malinois are indeed wonderful dogs. A typical litter is 7 - 8 pups. At best, only 1 or 2 pups of a litter are of police dog quality. My son will break up a litter at about 6 weeks and sell off the lesser quality dogs as pet, guard and personal protection dogs.

If there is more than one police quality pup, I get to keep one for a few months of "puppy socialization" until that pup is placed with a PD.

I get very attached to those pups and hate to see them leave, but dogs of that caliber have a higher calling in life.

Gadget

Beautiful dogs with the tan hair and solid black muzzle, and the ones with the big sqaure head. Hate to be on the receiving end.

I know what you mean about pup selection, a friend of mine raises giant schnauzer pups and does the same process, then they go off to PD's, airports, and rescue teams. Actually she pays somebody to come in and test the pups before they're sold.

Back