Swap Roll Barz

BigDaddys88YJ

Has anyone ever tried to swap out a rollbar from the old style to the newer style on a YJ? I have kids and thought this might be safer. I have An 88 YJ. Oh and thanks to all the posts on swapping out the POS carter carb with the MC 2150 For the first time in a long time my jeep idles.

What kind of vehicle and year model did you get your 2150 carb off of. I have an 87 model I want to do the swap on, but cant find out which vehicle they came on. I cant help you on the roll bar. Thanks in advance for any info.

I can't think of any differences between those two bars other than the "family" style rear downbars on the newer style. I'm not sure about the rearmost mounting holes, but I think they are the same.
I'm getting ready to hack up an aftermarket cage out of a wrecked TJ to go in my CJ, as soon as I catch up on the other projects I've started.

Pretty much a straight bolt-in, just have to drill a few new holes in the main hoop floor plates for the '92-'95 rollbar to fit into a '91 or older YJ. Good luck getting out the rollbar bolts, many end up welding nuts to the torx bolts in order to remove them.

if your looking to upgrade your exsisting cage might I suggest Rockhard4x4 bolt in cages.
I saw these bolts in at Easter Jeep safari and I am trying to save up enough to get one my TJ.
They looked good and a fellow club owner has one on his YJ who rolled it with no injurys to him, his wife, and his two kids in the back seat.

Utah_jeepster said:
if your looking to upgrade your exsisting cage might I suggest Rockhard4x4 bolt in cages.
I saw these bolts in at Easter Jeep safari and I am trying to save up enough to get one my TJ.
They looked good and a fellow club owner has one on his YJ who rolled it with no injurys to him, his wife, and his two kids in the back seat.

Those cages look sweet!! I've been looking around for something just like that-not a bad price either.

Back