Supercharged 2009 JK

Black_Jeep_Hemi

My friend has a 2009 JK that was recently used as a test bed vehicle for a new supercharger kit built by Sprintex (Australia) and is being sold thru Boostec US. The Dyno sheet is attached but the results are before an updated tune was installed last week and its getting a new pully poosibly this week. I'll try to follow up with an updated dyno sheet if and when it becomes available. My friend is very happy with the performance and lack of supercharger whine (not sure if that will change with the new pulley though). check out the pics

boostecus.com
sprintex.com.au/sprintex/

Attachments

• 2009 JK supercharger Dyno sheet.PNG
    2009 JK supercharger Dyno sheet.PNG
    481.4 KB · Views: 856
  • 2009 JK supercharger.jpg
    2009 JK supercharger.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 3,222

Sure is expensive though. I'd love to have one on mine as a test as well.

$4,000 gets me 55 hp and 70 ft pounds of torque. Not even close to being worth the money. Hellion sells a turbo kit for half that and will net about the same power increases. Heck for the cost of the supercharger, I can swap in a warmed over LS motor and drivetrain and be in the area of 400 hp and 500 ft-lb.

Plus whats the point of putting in a supercharger and not getting the whine?

jps4jeep said:
$4,000 gets me 55 hp and 70 ft pounds of torque. Not even close to being worth the money. Hellion sells a turbo kit for half that and will net about the same power increases. Heck for the cost of the supercharger, I can swap in a warmed over LS motor and drivetrain and be in the area of 400 hp and 500 ft-lb.

Plus whats the point of putting in a supercharger and not getting the whine?

Agreed. And it still won't sound like a v8 Chevy lol

Agree!! $4,000 buckS would buy one heck of an engine, HECK, AND TRANS. Looks like it topped out at 250hp.

Yes but you guys aren't looking at the big picture, power levels like that will keep a stock engine alive for along time. And if you have a built engine I'm sure you could tune it for even more power gains.
And as far as a turbo, no thanks super charger all the way. No lag and power from idle to redline....

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk 2

tubro lag... it's not 1987, Turbo system engineering has pretty much turbo lag a thing of the past but you are power limited with a turbo as you would with a supercharger.
Lets assume for that price point I get a bolt on super charger that is pushing about 4-5 psi of boost. That 3.8 stock is a 9.6:1 compression motor, if I under drive the super charger and get about 8-9 psi of boost if not more, then I put a tune into the motor, I can with out certainty tell you detonation will be an issue and you will probably blow the motor. the compression ratio is too high for a boosted motor. so now I need to invest thousands more money into new pistons, cam and head gaskets to knock the compression ratio down and completely new tune burned into the computer to get what, another 20-30 hp. Completely not worth it.

Actually the best thing you could do is sell you jk with a 3.8 and go buy a new jk with a Pentastar, rated at a higher power level and has a warranty. The Pentastar has 285 hp and 260 lb-ft

Back