Suburban Shocks

90Xjay

RE: HELP!!! Need opinions from all Jeepz folks...

My 97 Burb is needing new shocks. I wanted to put on some preformance shocks, like the Pro Comp 3000 or 9000 and they are priced very good right now. But I did not want to get "The Look" when mama comes home from one of her trips to the tanning bed and find out that it rides ruffer na washboard neither.

Any advice?

1997 Subruban.... 19.2 MPG highway
1999 Taurus... 29.3 MPG highway
1990 Jeep..... 15.6 MPG Gasoline
18.1 MPG Acetone/Gas
135 colesterol on Quaker oatmeal

RE: wrangler rims on a xj?

Edelbrock makes good shocks for burb's.

RE: HELP!!! Need opinions from all Jeepz folks...

hmmmmm, I just put some on my Yukon Denali and I like them a lot. They're not really "performance" shocks....but the're a step up from the stock ones (and the stock ones were pretty nice themselves).

I can't remember the brand, but I'll let you know tomorrow if I remember to look!

19.2 mpg on the Burb...that's pretty good. Mine (a 2000--old body style) gets around 12-13...which is normal for them

Well mine are Monroe Sensatrac's ( http://69.13.87.104/monroe.htm ). Not really a "performance" shock, but they definatly give a nice smooth ride.

Sully's right though, Edelbrock makes some really good stuff too. I don't know anything about the Pro-Comp stuff though, so I really have no opinion on them.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: How Many Here Have One Of These.....

If you want the good ride, you don't want a cheap shock. Get ones that are valved specifically for your particular vehicle. Your best bet would probably be a OEM or monroe. Anything high performance will not give it the ride it had from the factory.

RE: Re: RE: If you promise not to tell....

88Wrangles wrote:
19.2 mpg on the Burb...that's pretty good. Mine (a 2000--old body style) gets around 12-13...which is normal for them

My 97 Burb gets about 14-15 in town. But on highway trips, I do get 18.5 to 19 mpg depending on how the wind is. My neighbor has a 99 Tahoe that gets closer to 20 on trips to Kansas.

Back