stupid cars with stupid doors

Snitty

I did some work for someone and they gave me a 97 Geo Prizm for payment. Two of the doors are stuck shut. I kinda got inside one of the panels. All of the rods have been bent and pulled out. Anyone familiar with these mechanisms? I have no idea what is supposed to do what. I've probed around for a while and got nothing.

This is funny...

Paint it orange with an 01 on the side and run it.

Weld all the doors shut and Demolition Derby the thing

Of course, no offence to anyone here that might happen to drive a Geo....

RE: Front Differential Problem

redrooster said:
Paint it orange with an 01 on the side and run it.

Di- nahhh nah ner na na dinah na na na nahhhhhhhh (spelling on the horn??) :shock:

I'm with red on this one!

Will that thing fit on a Samuri chasis......... anybody see where this could go?? :twisted:

Re: Spare Tire Mount

wait, you said 2 of the doors are stuck shut. How many doors does the little thing have? Does Geo actually make a 4 door vehicle?

RE: How do I take the doors off?

Heck yes they make a 4 door vehicle. I am the multipost king AND the geo metro king!
image-missing.png

RE: This is funny...

General Lee II woohoo!! Actually look up the Bootyfab gallery and look for the neon I posted, that's what you should do, it'd be kicka$$

haha... yeah its a 4 door prizm, I thought about doing the recreational approach. Though, I can get a few bucks out of it if I can get it working right.

Re: RE: All Time Favorite Movie

I drove a Geo Prizm back in '90 as a rental in Tucson for a week. Got somewhere around 40mpg if I remember right. I say weld the doors shut and do the General Lee thing. Or, take them all off and lift it 6 inches all around....don't know why, just something to do that's different.

Man I wouldnt put more than $20 into that thing. I hope you didnt do a ton of work to be paid in Geo :?

haha actually I just typed someone's paper because he doesn't know how to type. Honestly, as much as they cars are sissy and as much as even I've knocked them, its really a toyota (which I always knock as well) and the truth is they run until clocks serve no purpose

Dam, that's a good payment. I'd type someone's paper for a car!!

Good luck fixing those doors though. Is it the rods on the hinges that are bent? If so, is there anyway to get them out...cause replacements are really cheap at any auto parts store.

RE: Re: RE: Jeep clutches.

the rods that connect the handles to the latch assembly are pulled out

Try to replace the rods with cables, you can find them in the Junk Yard in a Hyndai made after 98..

as for the rest.... should have held out for the Omni!

Back