Spring Over Lift.... Yay or Nay

jeepmaster

i was readin my JP magazine today during study hall and came across a really sweet add for a TJ full traction suspension lift today. it was up on a ramp flexing and doing its thing and i thought, "my YJ needs that." i go to their site to see how much $ it is and if they've got something for the YJ. i then come across a "spring over suspensions lift" its 5.5 inches and costs like $450. this of course catches my eye cause, 1. im lookin for cheap suspension lift and 2. its cheap and ive never heard of it before. i flipped back through the add section of the magazine and sure enough found a Rubicon Express spring over lift. 5.5" , only this one was 270. what would you guys say about these? they sound too good to be true. a 5.5" suspension lift for around 300 with the SYE etc. just let me know what you think.... pros/cons etc, ill keep scouring the site for other posts on them. thanks ~ master[addsig]

also, is it possible to add a body lift on top of this so i could possibly clear some 35's?[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>also, is it possible to add a body lift on top of this so i could possibly clear some 35's?</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

A SOA conversion is the best way to go for a leaf spring Jeep. You get a good amount of lift at a reasonable price and more articulation that a spring lift would ever get.

The average is 5.5", I'd add 1" to 1/5" by adding a stock YJ front long leaf to each spring pack. It will help reduce spring wrap (which is more prominant with a SOA) and make the springs last longer (they wear out quicker due to all the flex).

You can add a body lift, but I wouldn't ever use more than a 1" BL due to the increased leverage on the tub, body bolts, and frame mounts.

The RE price does not include a SYE and CV driveshaft, and I doubt the FT kit does either. Factor in another $400 to $600 when you include those, and other misc. parts that are needed to do a SOA the right way.

I'll be doing a SOA someday, the price of a SYE and CV drivehshaft are holding me back now
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back