Sports world good again for Mingez

mingez

Well heck. I can't believe it. I've got something to cheer about in every sport I care about for the first time in quite a while.

Hockey: my Sharks look fantastic. Picking back up right where they left off last year.

Football: today, my 49ers are showing signs of improvement, by beating Seattle (albeit without Matt Hasselbeck), riding a 3 game winning streak, and are one game back of Seattle for 1st place in the lowly NFC West. This, all on "Jerry Rice Day" the formal goodbye retirement ceremony for arguably the greatest ever!
I would never have thought they'd even be that close at this point. Don't get me wrong, they'd need a miracle to get into the playoffs, but this is very much a good sign.

Basketball: My Golden State Warriors are on a pretty good streak themselves, sitting at 7-3 tied for first in the Pacific.

Mixed Martial Arts: UFC, Matt Hughes finally got his, when he was obliterated and knocked the F out by George St. Pierre, in a fight that wasn't even close. I've said all along he's over-rated.

It's been a while since I've had so much to look forward to in Bay Area sports. Twas a good day.

How about you guys?

And as I speak, (or type) the Broncos are losing to the Chargers. Could it get any better?

Next thing you know, I'll hear that TO broke his arm sleep-walking. :purple:

Back