Soft top saga continues...

mingez

Okay, so according to Quadratec, Bestop, Mulebarn 4x4, and one other company I can't remember, nobody makes or has the parts necessary for my soft top...except for the stealership.

So, this has been the worst deal I've ever had on the web.

I think I'm gonna sell it, unless any of you can come up with another possible solution.

Any ideas?

RE: Re: Vacation update

so that guy never mailed you that part you were missing...that blows.

I would so call him and tell him that if he fails to give you the missing pieces, he could end up having a moonlight stroll with the fishies in his cement loafers, or just wake up with a jeep soft top in his bed, orrrrrr................... I know so terrible, I will beat myself viciously in the head with my baton.

I would show up at his front door with 5 of my biggest friends, all wearing black suits! Just tell this person that he "has upset the family"

If you give me a general location, I could stalk him... Don't know what I'd do, but I'd definitely be there :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously, though, how much are the parts going to be from the dealership? If it's semi-reasonable, I would go for it... It'll be tricky trying to sell an incomplete soft-top, because I know you would be honest, and let the buyer know that it is missing a few select parts... Have you tried to get a hold of good old what's-his-face, or his fire-breathing girlfriend Helga? (yes, I can be mean as well as chipper :twisted: ) anytime recently? Not that I think you'll get anything more than an indignant earful, but maybe you could at least get your point across that you are missing parts, parts that are most likely useless to them, but necessary for your top (that's a theory, I know nothing of soft-tops)...

Re: RE: Re: RE: Who

jeepguy46176 said:
What part do u need? The wrecked tj I just got has some good parts to the top left.

Thanks for the offer.

You see, the problem is that Bestop uses some proprietery hardware. And there is no guarantee the stealership will even HAVE my parts. So, even if I did buy the parts, no guarantee they will work. And then I'm REALLY pissed.

So, I think the only way to recoup my costs is to sell what I have, and then purchase a brand new top. I swear, I'm starting to think buying used isn't worth it anymore.

RE: Back to work!

I would show up at his front door with 5 of my biggest friends, all wearing black suits! Just tell this person that he "has upset the family"

Great idea! And even if it doesnt get you your part, it should at least make you feel a little better :D

Back