Soft top rules!!!!!!!

Robrt-Stephens

RE: $$$ soft doors

It's been 14 years since I ran a soft top and they have come a long way from my previous 25 years of soft top Jeepin'.

Today, it was 83 degrees here in western Montana and it was great to peel 'er down in less than 4 minutes, compared to the ordeal of taking off my factory hard top the way I had it set up for removal. Cool.

'bout time!

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

RE: tachometer

I am getting rid of my hard top and doors for a full soft set up. Cant wait.

RE: Suzuki Information

With the TJ's, that "less than 4 minutes" is more like "less than a minute". Big improvement.

I agree Robert, its the getting it back on that is the *itch! I can't stand doing that! You have to have everything an exact certain way and god forbid you do the wrong zipper or latch out of order. You'd have to be an orangatang (sp) to be able to do the back on in the wrong order. I wish I had a garage to store mine in all the time I didn't want to have the top on but the weather wasn't cooperating.

Lady

Lady, I understand your dissent about getting the tops back on.

What I have done, since having not had a soft top for the last 14 years, only the factory hardtop on VEX, I practiced many times at first after installing for the first time, until I had it on and off by rote, then it goes on quick and no muss or fuss, but I know what you mean.

RE: Suzuki Information

Off in 3, on in 6!! I've had mine down a few times already this year. I haven't had the rear windows in it for a couple of weeks now. Kinda chilly in the morning on the way to work (it's been in the upper 30's to lower 40's the past few mornings), but it sure feels good on the way back home. I generally just leave the top on and take out the windows and doors, using the top like a bikini to keep from frying under the Kansas sun at stoplights. But, when it first warms up in the spring, I just have to take it all off and go commando!!

Back