SOA soon

Snitty

I got the sye, lookin for brakelines, got a driveshaft to be cut and beefed up, got two tires to borrow for the front, hope to be buying two new tires for the rear this weekend

i might hold off though.. i might buy perches rather than building them... i don't really trust my welder too much... just a low amp deal

Start Sprayin the bolts up with some PB Blaster... I did for a week or so... seemed to work on some bolts. Good luck!

You can simply relocate a YJ's hard brake lines in the front, moving them further down the frame. Then get a longer rear line for about $35.

Good idea on buying spring perches, not worth the trouble to make them for how inexpensive they are.

Good luck.

ont forget about the shock mounts...if you weil new shock mounts on top of your axles you can kill two birds with one stone. you get the mounts up and out of the way and you can keep your old shocks..( dont need to buy longer shockes) i can send you a pic of what i did on the 9 inch if you want.

oh i'm all set with shock mount plans.... i wish i COULD move my brakelines down... i'll likely end up replacing everything from the master down.... rust is terrible... i bought me a dewalt electric impact gun today... that is going to make things SO MUCH easier

Your not gonna be reusing those old fatigued, rusted u-bolts and spring hanger/shackle bolts are you? Changing the bushings out also? If so the old "heat wrench" will be even easier than the impact. :wink:

not sure about changing bushings right yet... but i'll be using new ubolts... if i CAN get them off, i want to save them.... ubolts come in handy very often.. and if any are reusable, then i'll be keeping them for this and that

West! I am doing a major build on my '92 YJ and would be glad to use any advice on snags or just plain suggestions. Going with Chevy 350 roller, 700R4, NP241 (instead of noisy Atlas), Dana 44 front w/disk conver, Ford 9" rear w/disk conver, 2.5" Rubicon SOA, Chevy flat top high steer knuckles, Goodyear MTR 37", 15x10 5 on 5.5, 1310 CV front/rear.

sounds like a soild set-up John! i still consider myself to be a newbie when it comes to this stuff but if i can help you out in anyway i will try.

if you want to stay with ford stuff on that dana 44 you can use the knuckles, spindles,brakes, rotor and hub assembly off of a 1977-79 ford crew cab to convert that drum set-up to disc brakes...( also has the flat knuckle you are looking for the hi-steer set-up and the driver's side already has the studs in the knuckle.)

limited slip for sale

I already tried to find those ford parts. All the lots have been picked clean. I found some cheap Chevy stuff for an axle out conversion and it is six bolt instead of five. Complete Offroad- Mike, or Bayou "G"eep- Glenn are my two main sources. They have everything. What are your best sources for parts. Side note, I cant stand bolt on part suppliers. They are very limited on the GOOD stuff. Thanks West.

Back