So you think you got mods, eehhhh?

I have long been fascinated by the various ways people used Jeeps for purposes other than transportation and recreation.

There was a time when a variety of farm implements were available that could be towed behind and/or powered by a Jeep. (This was when you could order power take-offs for a Jeep.) Hard to imagine now, but our sturdy little Jeeps were once used for chores today accomplished by farm tractors.

There was a time when it was not unusual to see a Jeep converted to a small fire truck -- dispatched to fight fires not requiring one of the "big boys."

There were even Jeep tow-trucks, although I still can't figure out how a Jeep might safely tow a behemoth 1956 Chrysler, Imperial.

I recently ran across a picture of a Jeep converted to a purpose never intended by the original Bantam/Jeep designers.

I wonder how many of you can name the purpose of this Jeep and what the descendants are now called?

image-missing.png

So put on your Jeep secret decoder rings and post your answers.

Hint 1: It is not an English double-decker off-road tour bus.
Hint 2: It is an off-road machine.
Hint 3: It will take a Canadian about 1.3 seconds to name that Jeep.

Inspector-G

Help installing stereo system.

is it a salting machine....???

my jeep pops out of reverse!

It is a tansit bus in calgary canada.

(Imagine the music from "Jeopardy")...

Nope, uh-uh, no way, HAHAHA...but, no.

Hint 4: The mystery Jeep is not a fire Jeep.

image-missing.png

But -- isn't this one beautiful?

No winch needed when stuck in a mud hole. Just pump the hole dry, then drive out in 2-high.

More clues to come if nobody answers correctly.

Inspector-G

It looks like some sort of snow blower concocted on a jeep :roll:

mud

Hooray!!!!!

19wrangler89 gets the prize: uuummmm....yet to be determined.

The mystery Jeep is, in fact, an early Zamboni machine.

Here is picture of a similar Jeep-Zamboni at work.

image-missing.png

Oh, and my apology for the large file size of the Mystery Jeep. I never gave a thought to download time and bandwidth. I will be more careful of that in the future.

Hope you enjoyed this little quiz.

Inspector-G

Ok -- one more crazy Jeep for tonight:

A Jeep-Mower:

image-missing.png

I would estimate that one could mow the average lawn in 6.8 seconds at 45 mph with that bad-boy.

Inspector-G

LoL that is great I need one of those and I will open a Freak lawn service....I would get to do lots of jeepers lawns....HEHEHEHE

the canadian clue tipped it off for me right away.. and the pull-behind thingy was the first clue

Zamboni, I thought they were called canadian school buses!

Of course the fine Inspector shows up a more modern zamboni that was still in use at the boston garden up to ten years ago!!

Did ya know that!

I remember back about 2 years ago and 4wd&offroad (I keep all my mags) did the 60 years of jeep, Back in the 50's, a jeep could be ordered in 46 different configurations, (attatchments) to assist farmers, civil service, lumber jacks, and the list goes on!!

Johnny

lol I was going to say zamboni too, those things are great. Ya'll did good! Love these jeep pics. lol Put smile on my face this morning.

upper control arms

By way of tying up the loose ends of this thread before it succumbs to a natural death, a few thoughts:

L33TJ33P: A Canadian battle ship? No, no, no...(long, Master Po-like sigh)...The way to recognize a Canadian man-o-war, even at some distance, is to look for the international maritime signal flag message displayed by all Canadian naval vessels when underway. The flag message will look something like this:

image-missing.png

...(S---E---N---D...L---A---B---A---T---T...B---L---U---E)...

That signal flag message is displayed in the hope that a passing supply ship will see, decode and answer the distress message. :lol:

jps4jeep: If you would like to pin down the approximate age of the old Zamboni used at the Boston Garden, info and many pics will be found at (where else?) www.zamboni.com.

"Canadian school busses"...HAHAHAHA!!! "46 different configurations, (attachments)" Holy back-hoe, Batman! I would like to read that article. Please post the issue date. I will go to the public library and read the article on a micro-tape machine. Thank you.

LadyJeepFreak: I am glad you enjoyed the thread. Smile generation was the hoped-for result of my starting post.

Utah_Jeepster: Same thing happens here. The hockey crowd goes wild when the Zamboni appears. Sometimes I think the Zamboni is more popular than the hockey game.

And to all, thanks for playing.

Inspector-G

Back