so i tore the crap out of my tailpipe and muffler today...

Greencuke

i was backing up through some snow and backed into some icey snow stuff. The tailpipe which was already hanging low as ive mentioned before caught on the snow and got all bent up something awful. This also managed to pull the muffler from the cat. after a lot of bull in the parking lot at homedepot involving some ducktape i was able to secure the muffler enough to limp home. i had to hack the tail pipe w/ a saw to get it off. The tail pipe is toast but i was able to stuff the muffler back on there for about 15 min untill it fell off while i was bringing my friend home. Heres my question:
there is no muffler now, which sounds awful, wayy to loud, and i need one asap. Is it worth paying the $170+ for a borla catback system, or do i just go w/ the $50 stock setup? please keep in mind im a student on a tight budget.
reggie[addsig]

Just hollow out the cat and add a cheap glasspack. save the money that it will cost for the big name you will be happy you did. Tug[addsig]

If you're on a very tight budget, get a cheap replacement from an exhaust shop. Never heard of a Borla cat-back as cheap as $170, so let everybody in on it :lol:

Rusty's Offroad has a Flowmaster cat-back for about $160, but I wouldn't bother unless you plan on modifying the intake and ignition.[addsig]

well, i did the ram intake awhile ago...i sent the jeep into the shop today to have a replacement muffler put on. as soon as i can sneak out of school im going to go pick it up
reggie[addsig]

just got it back, came to $194 parts and labor....bastards
reggie[addsig]

reggie got screwed! Sorry man some folks out there will gouge everyone. Wish I could have helped you out just to many miles between us to make it possible. Tug :roll: [addsig]

Ram intake???? where is this found????[addsig]

i dont know if thats the offical name, thats what my buddy called it. its just a pipe thing comming off the intake valve w/ a cone air filter at the end. like a cold air intake, but not low in the bay...[addsig]

I tore my tailpipe today, damn breakfast burritos with green chile!

Ram air, is more like when you add a port to the hood or somewhere, so that air is actually forced into the intake. [addsig]

ahhh... ok... that would be just a cone intake... commonly misunderstood.... all the ricers around here have a big misconception..... TO THEM... if it has a cone filter, inside the engine bay, its a cold air intake... if it leaves the engine bay, its a ram air intake.... all wrong... they should be choked and taught right[addsig]

ahhh... ok... that would be just a cone intake... commonly misunderstood.... all the ricers around here have a big misconception..... TO THEM... if it has a cone filter, inside the engine bay, its a cold air intake... if it leaves the engine bay, its a ram air intake.... all wrong... they should be choked and taught right.... by your post back there... i was kinda hoping that you really did find a real ram intake that i could copy and use to my benefit
[addsig]

Back