so i lost my knife last night, what do i get now?

Greencuke

last night i was at one of them damn teenager parties in the woods, and during the walk back to my jeep i realised my trusty Kershaw was no longer cliped to my pocket where it belongs. i went back this morning to look for it, but :-( its gone. so now im on the search for a new one. i really liked that one (kershaw black out) but im thinking maybe i want to try someting new. any suggestions? im looking for the single blade, pocket clip style. CRKT? Cold Steel? Gerber? Buck? come on people! This is serious, u know how us boy scouts are w/ our knives!
Reggie[addsig]

Smith & Wesson SWAT series are some mean knives, they are really sharp and last pretty long, had mine for awhile and its doin fine. The are a little flashy with there rubber and steal handle but worth it. Check 'em out. Thats if you want a folding knife, otherwise i say go to a camp store or somthing like that. they prolly have a nice selection.[addsig]

i carry a small kershaw DWO??? maybe thats what it says on the blade i know thats not much help but it has a rubber handel and is really nice, and by the way i carry two gerber multi-tools in my jeep.... :-D [addsig]

I've got a Gerber Gator. No clip feature...but sharp, serrated, locks, flips open easily, and most importantly...it's awesome for shotgunning a beer or two!!! Maybe someone could post a smiley face doing a beer bong or something like that.[addsig]

image-missing.png

Hows that? Sorry I don't have a beer bong one...[addsig]

i had a SWAT for a while, the first production ruun actually. maybe itll end up being a collecters item, but i was using it to cut concrete (yea, its that good a knife) so its done. Im looking at the CRKT D.O.G. but i really like the speed open of the kershaw. oh well decisions decisions...
reggie[addsig]

what kind of knife you looking at getting i am in germany and they make some realy sharp looking knifes and they are not bad prived ( i also get some givein to me as military ember lol) just let me know and i see what i vcan get around here

from joseph[addsig]

Good stuff. Ya' have any blowing chunks???[addsig]

well, im looking for a simple locking single blade pocket clip style knife. My favorate so far has been the Kewshaw Black Out. it has that semi automatic opening concept. i dunno really, what kinda stuff u got over there in Germany?
reggie[addsig]

Bounty...that's awesome!!! Nice cheers, nice salud, nice chunks...is that allowed on the Jeepz.com weekend trail ride??? ...the chunks that is...[addsig]

Where you at in Germany Joseph? I´m near Hanau.

My son bought me a Junglee, Sahara, standard Forign Legion issue. Lasted well, I use/abuse my knives pretty good. It seems to be a Smith and Wesson clone, but built a little more robust. The blade lock is primative but strudy. The blade is a hair under 4" simi drop point, on the top back of the blade there is a seration for a good thumb grip, the blade is serated at the base for sawing through deer joints, it has a false edge on top, the form of the tip is good for gutting (good angle). The blade seems to be a bit harder than Buck, a little thinner towards the edge than Gerber (easier to sharpen) but about the same hardness of steel. Easy to sharpen with a knife steel, don´t need a stone to get a razor edge. The blade is a little softer than Puma, holds a decent edge and not nearly so brittle (havn´t chipped it yet) the tip is sturdy, better than Buck (which often break). Doesn´t seem to chip/dent at the edge like Gerber. Austrian stainless, seems to be a good compromise between hard and brittle.
It has a thumb opener and a clip (check closely they make it in clip and none clip) it´s drilled for a thong at the base (works well as a black jack).
At $35 I´d buy another if I ever loose this one. WWW.Vinnysknives.com[addsig]

I agree with Tug (which I usually do) I bought a spiderco about 13 years ago at REI for like $30 and it has been the best knife I have ever had. I am not a big knife collector or even an expert, but I was in the scouts at the time and my Buck master went missing and I bought this knife to replace it. Awesome. Check out smokey mountain trading company, they have some good deals!

Johnny[addsig]

I am a huge fan f the CRKT series and also carry a Gerber. The Gerber has a pouch that hooks to your belt so that may not be what you are looking for. Either one is a good knife though. I usually go to the knife shops in the mall and check out what is on sale they have some good blades that are on closeout due to new models coming out.[addsig]

they got "side" switch blades here i just got one the other day realy real nice knives and stay sharp and very easy when in a jam ( the other day fixxing something at work and had to tie a rope around the stadn and tree to keep it from falling over well it tried to fall and so i had to hole it up with one hand and only had one hand to cut rope and tie it off i on cliped it from belt pushed botton and it flies open i cut the rope and tied it off ( useing mouth and one hand)

lol i love my new knife i soon to get alot more start colecting them again
from joseph[addsig]

I would have to agree with tug, I have several benchmade and they hold a great edge and last forever if you take care of them. They are a little expensive but worth it.[addsig]

Back