Snow's coming! Who can HELP me out?

60biscayne

I've got an 89 Wrangler with 4" lift, tires etc... My buddy gave me a Myers Electric Snowplow pump & Plowblade. I've done all the steel work & got it mounted now. My question is: The pump has a large ("O" Gauge maybe) cable which goes to I'm told like an old Ford type starter solenoid & it also has a smaller (16 ga?) wire coming from can looking devise mounted at the base of the pump! Where does this go? Is there any wiring diagram available? Can somebody chicken-scratch me something! What Solenoid, Switch to activate this set up do I need? Where can I get them? Remember I'm retired on (Very) fixed income etc............
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Jim in the Pocono's :D

Hi-Ya Jim,

I went to the Myers snowplow website and searched around by way of attempting to answer your question.

You didn't give us the model number of your plow, but the hyper-link below will bring up a Myers snowplow on-line installation/maintenance manual applicable to several Myers models.

The on-line manual thoroughly covers the operational theory of the hydraulic-electrical systems and the associated plumbing and wiring (with electrical schematics).

http://www.meyerproducts.com/pdf/electro_lift.pdf

Best regards, and welcome to Jeepz.com

Gadget

PS: I recently enjoyed a visit to the Wayne County Historical Society in Honesdale. Fantastic display of the Stourbridge Lion, D&H Canal and other Wayne County history.

i'd really steer away from plowing with such a lift... the force will be pushed UP into your frame rather than back into your frame like it should be

i'll go look at my plow to see if it is anything similar... i gotta dig through the weeds out back to take a look.. might take some time to get around to it.. but i'll look

Back