Smart money for a 3" XJ rear lift

TwistedCU

On the rear of a Cherokee, there are leaf springs (over axle). This leaves 3 basic options for lifting, and I'm having a tough time deciding which way to go. Keep in mind I'm only lifting 3 inches. Let me know what you think and please post opinions on why you like or dislike any of the options.

Keep in mind my XJ's existing rear springs are in perfect condition. I will be using new 3" lift coils springs up front. I want to do what is going to give me the best ride on the road.

BTW - I know I said I wasn't going to modify it, but I think I was the only one who truly believed that!

No Blocks!!! Just get the full springs if you have the $$. Longterm, you know it's better. And the ride (from what I understand) is nicer.

But, I have the AAL, and they work great. Ride isn't terrible, and they do eveything I want them to. Sagging hasn't happened yet, and when it does, I'll upgrade to the full leaf spring.

C'mon you anonymous voters, who are you and explain your vote - please! The reason I put this up was to hear different views.

If you have the money, I would have to say 3" lift springs. Can you even get 3" add a leafs?

Old man EMU spring packs are the best if all you want is 3" of lift. They flex really well and you can add shackles to it later when you decide not to modify it anymore with another 1.5" or 2" more lift.

Back