small Jeep big flex.

jeepless20

RE: New Jeeper...

ok so im sure alot of you have heard of the traxxas revo by now. well i have one and i have to say that it "rocks" haha get it crawling enuendo. anywho i thought id pass this link on to all so yall could see the awsome performance of this beast off roading. wich is what i do with mine whenever i posibly can. this particular revo is setup for rock crawling (notice the body) i have the same body on my revo eccept blue. huhh so i guess i do have a Jeep after all. anyway on to the link. there is also a video of sead revo crawlin and what not. INSANE ARTICULATION.
http://www.traxxas.com/support/pub/revo_rock_crawler.htm

RE: OT: my new baby....

I have a nitro TMaxx and it's a beast. The Revo is even better.

they are sooooo fast!

I've got 2 friends that are really into building those little (actually pretty good sized) RC cars and competing in rock crawling competitions...one's even #1 in Oregon right now.

I'd get into it, but it's a little too spendy--I already have enough money wasting hobbys now!

painting Diamond plating

MerkL said:
Are they selling that Rubicon one? All I see are the trucks.

That Rubicon is just an aftermarket body. I have one. It comes clear so you paint it any way you want. It has the stickers for the Warn winch, grille, etc.

It looks good.

man you can get all sorts of bodies for them rc's. thay even have a CJ8 body, toyota land cruser, late 60s style bronco, early 90s style bronco, superdutys, dodge rams, grave digger. you name it thay got it. and no thay didnt have beadlocks and spools last year i dont think. thay may have, so dont quote me on that. after reading that i really have to find a place to play here in the SE portland area.

RE: Re: RE: OT: my new baby....

I was really into RC cars back in the mid 80's and built me a nice 2wd truck that was lifted and would kick some serious off-road butt. The kits then for the 4x4 trucks were outrageously priced. I used a regular dune buggy chassis and a bunch of spare parts from other cars and trucks in the "bargain bin" at the RC shop, as well as a few parts and pieces from Revell model kits. Of course they were all battery powered back then (don't know what they run on now, but I've seen some run on gas or a gas/oil mix with chainsaw engines). The owner of the RC shop had a Bigfoot truck that was about 14" long and about that tall that would pull him on a skateboard up to 35 mph! And he must've weighed 175 lbs. I'd love to get back into it, but just don't have the time or money to do it now. I'd rather spend my cash on the YJ, food, or house payments....in that order.

dude ive been into RCs for like 10-12 years. my first "good" RC was a little nissan pickup lookin' baja style truck called the baja bandit. electric, that truck screamed. anyway the RCs of today run on nitromethaine. yep same stuff that top fule dragsters run on except RC fuel has oil in it couse its a 2 stroke engine. you can take them wheelin with ya, take it up some of the obsticals. i done it, it rocks.

RE: Skyjacker Hard Top vs. Soft Top Lift Kit???

Yeah Sparky, I had RC10 cars/trucks when I was a kid. This is a whole 'notha animal. My TMaxx does almost 50 MPH. His revo goes in excess of 50 MPH. Not "scale" speeds either, actual MPH. It's insanely fast :twisted:

RE: Question...

Yeah Sparky, I had RC10 cars/trucks when I was a kid. This is a whole 'notha animal. My TMaxx does almost 50 MPH. His revo goes in excess of 50 MPH.

Yeah.....but you had RC10s....... :lol:

The difference is that you used to go to the hobby store and order the nicest kit you could afford, then you built it up using custom stuff, modified parts from other kits, or the small aftermarket that existed then. Today the kits are soooooo much better.
We had buggies when I was 15 years old that were too fast for the vehicle structure to handle. The biggest downside was battery packs that would only last for 3-5 minutes, and then they had to be "quick" charged for 15 minutes. You had to carry four everywhere you went, and they didn't live through many cycles.....got expensive.
It's cheaper to have a fast RC today than it was 15 years ago. :?

I want a Revo, but like Sparky I have no time or money that can be devoted to it.

In todays RC rockcrawling...they still run on a "battery" and have electric engines. And they can usually only go about 10 mph max...due to the low gearing.

The only problem with the little 2 stroke engines that run on an oil/fuel mix is that they have to be re-built A LOT! They're much simpler than a 4-stroke engine, but due to lack of lubrication and high RPM's, they're not too reliable.

You can run the nitro engines too. Sure you have to gear 'em down, but they last much longer than you would think. I have the Traxxas 2.5 motor in mine and have straight up abused it yet it is still very strong with good compression. Most of the folks who blow them all the time run them too lean or use the wrong fuel. In addition, there is a very strict break-in procedure that takes a few hours. If it is adhered to the motor can last quite a long time. If not it won't.

The 2.5R in the revo is what I'm getting if I can ever kill the 2.5 :)

RE: On the road again... (big pics)

good luck on killing that 2.5 them are bullet proof just about. i have a 2.5 in my rustler and my dad has one in his T-MAXX and yea, indistructible. ive seen temps around 350 and still ballsy. the 2.5r i feel has a much smoother power band sweet power from idle all the way up to 40,000 RPM. my revo never stops accelarating, and wheelies on command. thay only make about 1-1.25 horse but thay are tourqie. as for reliability, thay only really need to be rebuilt after about 10 gallons or so depending on your driving style. i have about 6 gallons through my revo and it still has awsome compresion and power. starts the first pull usualy. but yea if your even remotely thinking about getting into RC wheather it be nitro or electric, go for traxxas. thay have the best products and the best customer service you will ever find anyware www.traxxas.com and a really good forum too.

Back