should I be worried...?

RompIT

Should I be concerned about my airbags deploying when I am off roading, and if so how can I turn them off? I can turn the passenger one off with the key, but what do I do about the driver side airbag? :-? :-? :-? -Romp[addsig]

Jeep + airbags = hahaha...jeeps just arent supposed to have airbags...those are for ricers. Anyway I think there is a fuse that you can pull to keep them from deploying. PASmokeater told me about it one time. I have a YJ so I don't have to worry about no gaybags blowing up in my face when I'm bouncing along hehe.[addsig]

airbags only deploy when a shock is registered by a sensor in the front of the vehicle, I believe that this shock needs to be the equivelent of a 5 or 10 mph impact.... thats quite a bit to duplicate when you are off-road. I wouldn't worry too much... but what do I know...my yj dont have one! :-D [addsig]

I believe that this shock needs to be the equivelent of a 5 or 10 mph impact

5-10mph isn't very fast...All I know is air bags hurt you BAD when they go off. My friend wrecked his civic and the bag blew and not only blistered his face all over but worse he had his left hand on top of the wheel (you manual trans guys know haha) and it blew his hand into his face. He had a big metal watch on and that hit right on his forehead knocking him out. Those were the only injuries he sustained in the wreck (tboned an explorer at about 30mph). It was kind of funny though because he had this round red mark on his forehead for like 2 weeks afterward.

The passenger was even worse off...the force of the air bag blew him back into his seat so hard it broke the seat back in half and hurt his back pretty bad...he had to have surgery to fix it.[addsig]

well, you could just yank out the whole airbag system and sell it on ebay... they get a pretty penny! :)[addsig]

LMAO Tug, We both got rid of the useless airbags.............Bullet[addsig]

Back