shocks

93ZJ

I am going to start off with a 2" budget boost and then move up to a 4.5 super flex suspension lift. So what kind of shocks would you reccommend. The stores that i have been to recommended blistein and rancho... which would ya'll prefer and who would ya'll recommend me get the coil spring spacers and bump stops from. thank for you info.

93ZJ
by the way, I live in Tennessee[addsig]

When you put in the 4.5" lift your gonna need a longer shock. Check closely. what will work for the 2.5" doughnuts won´t work well with the 4.5" lift. I´ve had Bilsteins on the rear and double Ranchos (5000) on the front for 10 years, without a replacement. The gas and/or the oil has never leaked out of either. The Ranchos did rust some and a little of the paint came off. The Bilsteins never rusted.
When I´m looking for a little cheaper shock, I think Gabriel or Heckethorn. Take a close look at a Gabriel shock, then at a Sears shock (read the numbers), Sears on sale is often a pretty good deal. Heckethorn, though a fairly new name, is the old Big Yellow racing shock, under another name (been around for decades).[addsig]

Alot of people around here like the Rusty's lifts. I hear about people using them all the time. I myself am going with a BDS lift. But either way, I think you'll be happy.

Rob :p :cool: :) [addsig]

i have the rustys' hydros shocks on my rig, they're excellent both offroad and on.[addsig]

Back