Shiver Me Timbers!!!!

“Talk Like a Pirate Day”

Avast! me rum-swilling, scurvy-bearded, kelp-haired, bilge-mouthed, land-lubberly, bounty-thieving mates!

Sunday, 19 September is “Talk Like A Pirate” day, 2004.

On that day, all wannabe seafaring pirate lads and bountious, buxom wenches be ordered by his Majesty, the King, to stop spending your tin on the drinking o’ the gin and talk (post) like a pirate.

Assuming your sprung-hulled , slack-sailed, teredo-wormed, barnacle-breathed, reeking of the head, grog-brained hulk of a self isn’t up on your elementary pirate vernacular, you can lean here:

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

Cap’n Gadget will be using his glass to look ahead and astern, aloft and alow, aweather and alea for the jolly rogers of me piratical ship-mates.

BBWWWWAAACCKKKK!!! *#&&#^^$#@ BWWAACCCKKKK *(&^^%$##)!

(Cap’n Gadget slaps his potty-mouthed parrot.)

AARRRRRRR!!!! (Cap’n Gadget flicks parrot doo-doo from his epaulet.)

(Parrot got even.)

Fare Ye Well,

Cap’n Gadget, the Reeking of Rum, Rum-Runner

LOL, sounds like a plan!! I'll have to practice so I'll be ready for Saturday.

By the way, it's good to see your back Gadget!!!!

Ayyyyyy Cap'n. I'll be parlay to playing the part. If ye be willing to share some of the booty, ya cheese-eatin' bilge rat. Rum be the grog of choice, after me ol' rig makes it back to land's end.
Avast me hearties, set her to rammin' speed in 4 low, lockers engaged, disconnects disconnected and anchors away!!!

image-missing.png

'Lest thar be rum left pourin' from the bung hole when I come aboard yer dooms be at hand, ye lily-livered grog-snarfing sea dog swines!!! I'll be slittin' throats and sendin' ye scalywags down to Davy Jones' locker!!!

that's about it for me. Talking like that for a whole day or even posting would be a bit much, but I'll drink some good Rum :wink:

Mingez wrote:

Ayyyyyy Cap'n. I'll be parlay to playing the part. If ye be willing to share some of the booty, ya cheese-eatin' bilge rat. Rum be the grog of choice, after me ol' rig makes it back to land's end.
Avast me hearties, set her to rammin' speed in 4 low, lockers engaged, disconnects disconnected and anchors away!!!

LMPAO :D

Ian, how did I know you would be great at this? Ye lily-livered ship jumper and wharf scavenger. :mrgreen:

Look lively now. Up into the rat lines with ye sorry pirate self! Lift the top sheet and spanker! :wink:

5b1ir-3.jpg

Cap’n Gadget, the Reeking of Rum, Rum-Runner and Commander and Master of the HMS Bubbacon

PARLAY???? Who's the one eyed buggar that thought up parlay? LOL

Arrrgghhh down to davy jones locker wiff ye'.

I may have to celebrate by watching my favorite pirate movie! Great Holiday!

Lady

LadyJeepFreak wrote:

I may have to celebrate by watching my favorite pirate movie! Great Holiday!

AAARRrrrr, me Lady. So it be swashbuckling entertainment ye seek!

Mayhaps, Cap’n Gadget can chart ye out a course.

Hoist ye signal flags and message the coastal movie chandlers. Ask those sons-of-a-jelly fish if they can dispatch a colorized copy of “The Sea Hawk.” In all me years plying the bounding main, me Lady, your wizened and weathered Cap’n swears upon his sainted Mother Gadget’s grave that he has never seen a better pirate movie.

“The Sea Hawk” went down the ways from the Warner Brothers shipyard in 1940. Captain Geoffrey Thorpe (Errol Flynn) was rogue Master o’ the Sea Hawk. Dona Maria Alvarez de Cordoba (Brenda Marshall), a comely wench – but one would expect that of a lassie with no less than four names – provides ye romantical interest.

Movie score by Maestro Erich Korngold at the height of his powers. No ordinary hornpiper be he.

If ye and ye mates can raid the King’s movie vault and procure a copy of “The Sea Hawk,” ye be two-hours well entertained for ye hard-won doubloons.

Signed in blood,

(X)

Cap’n Gadget, the Reeking of Rum, Rum-Runner, Commander and Master of the good ship Bubbacon, member of the Barbary Coast Chamber of Commerce and the Secret Scallywags Chapter of the Kiwanis Society

Inspector-Gadget said:
Mingez wrote:

LMPAO :D

Ian, how did I know you would be great at this? Ye lily-livered ship jumper and wharf scavenger. :mrgreen:

Look lively now. Up into the rat lines with ye sorry pirate self! Lift the top sheet and spanker! :wink:

5b1ir-3.jpg

Cap’n Gadget, the Reeking of Rum, Rum-Runner and Commander and Master of the HMS Bubbacon

:lol: Arrrr, thanks for tha compliment Cap'n. Perhaps it be the time that Mingez has spent on the warf in San Francisco. Sourdough in me gullet, and Anchor Steam in me head. Arrrrrr!

Now, if only me one legged wench "Peg" would just quit hanging me from the yardarm, i'd be a happy Jack...yo ho ho-- ya swabbies!

Hi-Ya, Twisted,

Peter Pan -- another classic film -- a favorite here, with me!

I would not recommend "The Sea Hawk" for viewing by children.

Not a profane word in the movie, nor nudity, but lots o' killin (in the sanitized way of 1940s movies) -- terrific sea battle scenes.

BTW --

Twisted Copper wrote:

that's about it for me. Talking like that for a whole day or even posting would be a bit much, but I'll drink some good Rum.

I understand. I didn't expect this thread would actually go anywhere. I tossed out the idea hoping for a couple of comical responses. I got them.

It is a struggle to write in a "pirate" way. Enjoy the rum!

Cheers!

Gadget

Back