Serious for a Change - Jobs

The Lockheed Martin Company recently announced that it will soon hire 500 (Yes, five hundred!) engineers. Those engineers will be employed in the area of Syracuse, NY.

Rather than my expounding at length in an attempt to explain all this, if interested, go here:

http://money.cnn.com/services/tickerheadlines/prn/phf001.P1.12172004111517.01711.htm

The hyper-links near the bottom of the web page linked above will guide you to where you need to go to learn about applying for a job with Lockheed Martin.

Although unstated in the web article, it is a safe bet that 500 engineers will eventually require a small army of those with expertise in the engineering support disciplines.

Regards,

Gadget

PS: Despite the snow, central NY is a very good place to live.

RE: No Jeep yet!! but

Syracuse is a great place to live. very inexpensive to live here and rural areas are not too hard to find.

RE: Best pop up blocker and sypware blocker?

western ny is an expensive place to live

36 Users + 17 Guests Online??

Gadget I think this post is hands up classy. That is a good opportunity! I have never visited new york but I do hear some parts of it are quite nice.

LJF

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Serious for a Change - Jobs

Snitty said:
being very serious... taxes are terrible here... water is terrible... electric is bad anywhere... cable is terrible... again, taxes are terrible... sales tax, property tax, any tax... we have to pay to have our trash taken away...

what are all of your sales tax rates?

mine is 8.25... the other two highest areas are louisiana and tennessee according to averages

Snitty you'd better move to a commune dude! LOL You pay for your trash to be taken away ANYWHERE and all utilities are high. Life in rural MD is just as bad, our choices for providers are limited so we get gouged from all sides AND wages are not high.

Our sales tax is 5%. Property taxes are high, we also pay a county tax at years end and my county is one of the highest in all of the counties around me.

LJF
LJF

RE: new jeep guy question

Snitty said:
western ny is an expensive place to live

Where in western ny is it expensive to live? I cant imagine olean is? the only western city is buffalo and that is pretty darn cheap also.

EDIT: or were you being sarcastic?

being very serious... taxes are terrible here... water is terrible... electric is bad anywhere... cable is terrible... again, taxes are terrible... sales tax, property tax, any tax... we have to pay to have our trash taken away...

what are all of your sales tax rates?

mine is 8.25... the other two highest areas are louisiana and tennessee according to averages

Re: RE: Where

Salaries for the Lockheed Martin positions were not stated in the web article that I linked above, but the salary range was stated in a Syracuse newspaper article. The annual salary range is from 60k to hundreds of k.

Snitty, you made valid points, but all things considered, to include quality of life issues (for whatever arbitrary dollar figure one might assign to those), central NY is a good place to live and grow a family.

One of our big advantages is the cost of housing. Compare central New York housing prices with similar housing around the country. That exercise might be an eye-opener.

Compare, also, upstate NY to the state of Massachusetts. Mass is another great place to live, but Mass taxes are extremely high. That, of course, is primarily due to the necessity for the Mass taxpayers to support the annual dredging all Massachusetts waterways to keep them clear of Senator Kennedy’s old cars. :twisted:

But that is another story. {{Snicker}} :lol:

Seriously, a lot of this sort of stuff evens out when all things are factored into the cost-quality of living equation. It wasn’t my purpose to open a debate about central NY versus any other area. There are, to be sure, great places to live all over the USA.

The purpose of my starting post was to let people know that we have JOBS! High Salary JOBS!

Those interested and qualified need only to apply.

Regards,

Gadget

Snitty said:
Inspector-Gadget said:
PS: Despite the snow, central NY is a very good place to live.

i'm loving the snow right now... lake effect

What's the shipping price for snow? I'd like to have 296290.74 cubic yards sent to Central New Jersey so I can ride my jeep AND my snowmobile. 8) :roll: :cry:

Inspector-Gadget said:
..............Mass is another great place to live, but Mass taxes are extremely high. That, of course, is primarily due to the necessity for the Mass taxpayers to support the annual dredging all Massachusetts bodies of water and waterways to clear out Senator Kennedy’s old cars. :twisted:

But that is another story. {{Snicker}} :lol:
Regards,

Gadget

:lol: :lol: ROFL :lol: :lol: Gadget, that's just WAY too funny!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Do you remember the old Harvard Lampoon Volkswagen ad??

RE: Re: RE: Anyone else havin

mud4feet wrote:

Do you remember the old Harvard Lampoon Volkswagen ad??

{{Chuckle}} I sure do, Mud. HA~HA~HA

LadyJeepFreak wrote:

Gadget I think this post is hands up classy. That is a good opportunity! I have never visited new york but I do hear some parts of it are quite nice.

Thanks LJF! Somewhere out there, a Jeepz-ster might be unemployed or underemployed. If I can play some small part in correcting such a situation at the cost of a few minutes of typing – why not? A “win-win” situation if ever I saw one.

Lady, New York is a beautiful state. It is has been my experience that people unfamiliar with New York State sometimes have a mental image of the state as a larger version of New York City. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Hard winters, to be sure. The flip-side is our glorious summers, without the oppressive heat of the deep South.

Regards,

Gadget

RE: misc small tj parts and solenoid box cover

if you get a job, you will be working for my competition. i work for northrop grumman

Back