seems I only post when I need help or advice however

pghpenna

How about them Steelers! I've been waiting for one for the thumb since 81. Not to rub the NE member base the wrong way I hope this year might be the year. I've lived in two foreign countries and numerous states but no matter wher you go in life you have to remember where you came from. I am a die hard Steeler fan and I am so impressed with this rookie QB (Roethlisberger) I'm hoping they can pull it all together when they were never expected to do squat. Enough said go Steelers. Frank

Don't count us out here in Baltimore just yet, but your defense looked pretty good against NE

from a new england fan, that was a well played game for the steelers, and big ben is really impressive i must say (not going to attempt spelling his last name)

On draft day I was really hoping Rothleahgshgohrburger was going to make it down to the Bills pick. He looked really good in college. Damn JP Lospman broke his leg and is out.

And from another Dye in the wool New England Fan, Steelers played one hell of a game! Pitt. defence was simply crushing, even though my beloved pats lost, that was hard nose football and I lived it, even from the loosing side! but... I am glad we lost to the steelers, would have really sucked if we lost to ohh, lets say Miami, or a NY team.

Of couse, here in Boston, only one team can be doing good, the sox won so it was only a matter of time till the winning streak stops!

But good game

judge09 said:
On draft day I was really hoping Rothleahgshgohrburger was going to make it down to the Bills pick. He looked really good in college. Damn JP Lospman broke his leg and is out.
i still think phillip rivers will be the best of those 4 first round qb's, but dont fret, i think losman has got what it takes. the biggest bust of all i see as eli manning, not now cause he's not playing, but i'm just not convinced he's as good as everyone says he is. plus it just didnt sit well with me the way he orchestrated that trade before he even got drafted.

With receivers like Heiney Wart and Plexiglass Bueller what QB wouldn't look good? Hmmm did I spell those right? Yes, I think i did ;)

I dunno, Rolfey didn't do all that much Sunday, but he is having a good season. I think Pitt defense and the 4 turnovers killed the Pats, not the Steeler's offense. They did run the heck out of the ball though.

Another Tire/Wheel question!!

bchcky said:
judge09 said:
i still think phillip rivers will be the best of those 4 first round qb's, but dont fret, i think losman has got what it takes. the biggest bust of all i see as eli manning, not now cause he's not playing, but i'm just not convinced he's as good as everyone says he is. plus it just didnt sit well with me the way he orchestrated that trade before he even got drafted.

I think eli will turn out to be a decent NFL QB. I dont think he is another peyton, but not many people are. I havent seen too much of Philip rivers so I cant comment on him. But I do remember him holding out of training camp and causing more trouble than eli. Losman looked real good in the preseason. He just had a problem with scrambling like he was use to in college and getting the snot knocked out of him by an NFL LB. Hopefully he comes back a little wiser.

jps4jeep said:
........would have really sucked if we lost to ohh, lets say Miami,...........

Now THAT would really suck. Did you see how bad the Jets spanked them. Buffalo must've been sick when Miami beat 'em. They may not win another game.

I'm seeing Red

judge09 said:
I think eli will turn out to be a decent NFL QB. I dont think he is another peyton, but not many people are. I havent seen too much of Philip rivers so I cant comment on him. But I do remember him holding out of training camp and causing more trouble than eli. Losman looked real good in the preseason. He just had a problem with scrambling like he was use to in college and getting the snot knocked out of him by an NFL LB. Hopefully he comes back a little wiser.
yeah, eli will be decent, he's not the next best thing though.

rivers, up until last week had the most wins in ncaa history as a starting qb (i forget who knocked him off, not someone you'd think...) rivers is a very good qb, and he just needs the time, but he's also lit a fire under drew brees, who has been playing well. other thing is, lots of players hold out, i think eli basically demanding the trade was far worse than holding out for a contract you feel you deserve, as a rookie, you havent earned the right to demand what team you play for.

and losman did look good until the ol leg snapped. he survived at tulane, so he will probably make a good pure passer, willis mcGahee will help him in the backfield (i believe they'll trade henry in the offseason) and groom losman to take bledsoe's spot.

and ben, he'll do just fine. yeah TC, he does have good receivers, but he's still been thrown into the fire for all intents and purposes. people around you can only do so much, he makes smart decisions, and though he doesnt single handedly win the game for you yet like a culpepper, or a mcnabb, he sure doesnt lose them for you. he's smart with the football and doesnt turn it over.

bchcky said:
and ben, he'll do just fine. yeah TC, he does have good receivers, but he's still been thrown into the fire for all intents and purposes. people around you can only do so much, he makes smart decisions, and though he doesnt single handedly win the game for you yet like a culpepper, or a mcnabb, he sure doesnt lose them for you. he's smart with the football and doesnt turn it over.

I agree with that completely, but he is still a rookie and I wouldn't go praising him too much yet. He does show quite a bit of promise of being the real deal though - unlike our Kyle Boller :roll:

true TC, but then again, to contradict myself, boller doesnt have much around him. lewis was out, but even when he's in, he's it. heap is hurt, he would help an awful lot, but beyond those two, they dont have a legitimate WR threat.

Back