SCARY ebay lift kits

TwistedCU

Re: Where is the reverse light switch located?

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZjerryandmyrtie

These kits are called "billet", but they don't look like it. They look like a "make a quick buck and scoot from ebay" scam to me.

check out the XJ kit:
76_2JPG-3.jpg

Those blocks appear to be hollow (not to mention extremely thin) aluminum tubing.

The coil spacers look like and exhaust pipe with a plate tack welded to it, not to mention they are designed to mount below the spring, rendering the spring retainer useless.

The TJ and ZJ/WJ kits are 4 of the spacers used on the (front) XJ kit.

Gotta be careful with eBay and the internet in general.

I like the "suggested Retail of $309.00"

Question. Who suggested it?

90Xjay said:
I like the "suggested Retail of $309.00"

Question. Who suggested it?

I did, then the guy can afford small business insurance cause the law-suits will be piling in!

Those are POS, first, the rear blocks, what kind of crack are you on to accually want to put those on your vehicle, and the front look like two pieces of galanized fence posted tack weld3ed together. they are not even fully welded. I am gonna send the sell some messages, but be all gulibale and stuff.

also where are the shocks?

OH ya, byu the way, the tubing is not billet aluminum, it is tubing, billet means it was milled from a solid piece of aluminum
You can also see the seam on the welded tubing!

OK I email the seller with the following message

Hello fellow ebayer!
I was wondering if the auction for the 84-01 Cherokee lift was in fact made from Billet aluminum? Also, have these been tested in a off-road enviroment, will they be suitable for moderate to mild trail duty?

Thank you

we will wait and see his response!

I had sent him one too...

Hi,
I have a 2000 Cherokee with heavy after-market bumpers and do alot of offroading. I noticed the rear lift blocks appear to be hollow and was wondering if they would hold up in that environment with the extra weight of heavy bumpers, oversize tires, etc.

Also, the front coil springs are held in place by a retainer clip at the base of the coil spring. If your spacers are placed below the coil, how then are the coil springs held in place? I understand under normal driving conditions the weight of the vehicle will hold them, but while offroading there are oftem times when a wheel could be off the ground and the spring could either turn or become unseated.

I just needed to ask these before buying, thanks.

Harry

RE: Help me pick a front bumper...

Hmm... There's a cheap and easy way to do things... Aluminum foil! What was I thinking... Here, I'm looking to get a proper lift kit, when I could just form my own... :mrgreen:

Most coil sprung jeeps came only with a retainer clip on the driver's side, it's not always necessary.

Sweet lift :shock:

Mine has them on both sides. Any idea why they found it needed on just the driver's side?

It'd be easy enough to get a spring jammed up without them.

RE: Real or Fake

The coil spacers are held in by the spring tension. The rear blocks are 1/4 " thick aluminum tubing. They will and do hold up great under any condition.

Thanks,
Myrtie Elizabeth

So... is it billet or tubing? Billet tubing yeah that's the ticket.

The biggest problem I see is the aluminum locating pins on the rear blocks. THAT is dangerous. The front spacers are fine as far as tubing wall thickness and weld amount, but the spring supports are too thin on the lift in the pic. I see on his TJ lifts he used what appears to be .500" material in that area, which would be fine.

Bad presentation. If he had paid more attention to finish quality on the front, and capped the tubing that the rear blocks are made from.....he might sell alot more.

RE: Dodge sneek peek Electric swaybar Disco

his wife responded, and simply stated that they are tested and approved.. By who? I dunno.. but look at his feebback. lots f people are buying this crap.

Back