Rear Track Bar

geronimo_e

Can somebody tell me the importance of the rear track bar?, since I got my jeep the rear track bar bracket on the axel was totaly destroyed ive welded it back on but it just keeps on braking (do I suck at welding o what :p). sow I decided to take the hole thing off, the cuestion is, am i going to die becouse off that o shoud I just change my driving maners a little... :-? . Any coments on the subject are welcome... Thanks... By the way the jeep is in the city like 95% of the time and the rest is blessed off-roading.[addsig]

many people go without them... The jeep we worked on building for a few months last year is now SOA and has to rear tracbar... it seems to stay on its tires[addsig]

Yj's can be ran without the rear trackbar, I never noticed the difference after removing mine.

You can not run a TJ without a rear trackbar, it's an integral part of the 5-link supension. The car springs can't take the side-to-side movement :lol: [addsig]

My rear trac bar has been off for over a year and I think it even rides a little smoother without it. I have my front off also. I make sure I dont high speed corner, but who would in a Wrangler.[addsig]

it makes no different.unless off road,its suppost to give you more flex.

geronimo is my middle name.

viva venezuela :) [addsig]

With out the trac bar you are allowing the axle to shift side to side. no support NOT WISE! Remove the lift bracket for the trac bar and buy an adjustable one cheap and easy!!!!!!!!!!!!![addsig]

Thanks for the info guys but Im probably goig to take a look at the adjustable track bar bracket, I consider it my best option yet, Im kinda jeep perfectionist addicted freak... :-D

See you later with more anoying cuestions..

By the way are there any manufacturers you recomend for the track bar bracket??[addsig]

Teraflex, superlift, skyjacker any of these manufactures make good adjustable track bars for your jeep. Save the bracket that came with your lift kit. Spare parts are always good thing to have!!!!![addsig]

If you have a YJ just loose it I did and love the fact that I no longer have the restrection it gave in the wood and can not see any difference on the road. Tug[addsig]

I have a 88 YJ, with a 3" body lift, and 1" shakels and 31" tires, as you say I didnt notice any diference with the track bar off, and I think im going to keep it that way, I was thinking, how come trucks dont have track bars?, hope I dont brake my spring leafs as a friend warned me!!! :-( .... could that hapen??? Thanks four your help....[addsig]

i've never heard of leaf springs breaking due to the lack of a tracbar.. and trucks usually have beafier springs, and their width/length/height ratio doesn't allow them to sway as easy[addsig]

Back