Questions for forced injection guys

Wrangl3r93

I've been doing research and gathering parts to turbo my 93 wrangler 4.0L. I already know where I'm placing the turbo and how I'm routing the exhaust but I've seen all kinds of opinions on how to manage the ecu and A/F ratio. The FTC-1E seems to be the way to go, and is where I'll eventually end up, but seeing as to how it's $637 dollars from Split Second it'll take a little while on my college budget. I've thought about a Hobb's switch/7th injector but that the best I can do with that would be comfortably rich with no real fine tuning. I'm racking my brain and need some more ideas before I settle on a path.

I'm selling my supra to fund the FTC-1. Right now I'm trying to find a fmic small enough to fit in front of the radiator. The cheap fleabay intercoolers are 27 inches long and I can't find my tape measure but I'm pretty sure I can't get that to fit. Anybody know of a 2.5in wide fmic, maybe stock from another car, that would fit in front of the radiator? Oh here's a picture of the turbo.
100_0327-2.jpg

Imho, 7th injectior is the way to go if you dont have the moola to throw at the jeep. For a little bit of fine tunning, you could definalty use a map adjuster.

i would look into a complete SEM. on my other car i have run 034EFI (stage IIC), autronic SM4 and now i am putting vipec in it. we made 500whp with stock cams and not so i high boost (31psi) and the car ran amazing every day.
if you want look into kevin black (google his name or lugnuts tuning) he has systems he makes and he sells autronic and vipec.
also look into megasquirt..its cheap and simple to do.

What's the price on a megasquirt setup? I'm looking at the split second ftc-1e which is around $650. It comes in the avenger supercharger kits and those guys seem to swear by it. It's a piggyback capable of tuning fuel and timing that you can dial in with a laptop so you can adjust when needed.

to be honest with you i am not really sure..i think it is less then $450 then you will need to pay for a harness...i would contact kevin black (lugnuts tuning) he will give you a nice price on a tune and a install just tell him mike pauciullo sent you over

Well the project has been put on the backburner while I fix some drivetrain issues and I got tired of getting stuck so I went ahead and ordered a locker too. The turbo in the picture is a ct26 from a toyota supra but I have since come into possession of a hx30 turbo from a 3.9liter 4bt cummins. Initial plans are to run an extra injector off a hobbs switch and change to a megasquirt down the road.

I have my FTC split second controller (that I no longer use) with the dual injectors that came with it. All you would need is the injector bungs welded to your intake.

Back