Question about 1" body lifts.

Craig

I'm gonna do a 1" body lift on my YJ for a little extra tire clearance as soon as I can get out these rusted bolts. Just wondering if there's anything esle I have to do besides the actual lift. Do I have to lengthen the steering? If not, will it cause my steering wheel to be angled up higher? When I did a body lift on my old F-150, I had to move the radiator, do I have to do anything with the rad on my jeep? What about the e-brake cable or any other cables or wires that might have to be lengthened or moved? Gas tank hose? Anything else? Thanks for the help.[addsig]

don't think you will have much truble with that, I did a 3" lift and had to bend the shifter, weld an extention to the trany shifter, and the gas fill hoses were left behind, i have to remove the cap from under the jeep every time I refuel, no problems with the bakes at all, and stearing stays the same, sow with the 1" you shoud have now truble, (good luck with dose bolts, broke 2 mi self :-x ) se you later.[addsig]

get some PB blaster on there NOW.. and keep applying it for a few days prior to removal.... you will have to do nothing except maybe lowing the fan shroud 1 inch[addsig]

I would go at least a 1" and 3/4 if I was you,
it is alot of work for just a 1" lift...Just my $.02
because we just finished USMPK9's 2" body on
Friday......... :-D [addsig]

Shouldn't have to do anything else except make sure the fan clears the shroud at the bottom. Some people lower the shroud, some trim the bottom of the shroud to clear :-D [addsig]

Back