Quadratech seats

Sully

Well,I have the a choice to buy quadratech seats or seat covers for almost the same price.What I want to know is are the quadratech seats better seats then my old ones???I like my old seats,but I hear they wear and tear after awhile.Are quadratech's seats comfortable???The seats are definitely the best value,but I dont know if they are any good.Any comment would be appreciated.

I would go with seat cover unless your old seats are completly shot...:)

NJ....88 cherokee pioneer

Just wait Sully for three weeks.. once J rolls his jeep I will be able to offer you a screaming deal on his old seats...lol
Yo J... gotcha heheheheheheh

Well after I roll mine my good ole' buddy Utah is going to let me drive his Jeep and then you can have bucket seats front and rear....:)

about time J...lololololo been waitting for you to find it after I posted lol...was about to sign off when I saw you sign on so I had to stay

LMAO well you know I am trying to sell the old YJ now for more $$$$ for the TJ boy is it Bad A$$ I drove it a little this weekend ....Wahooooooooooo

Sully,

I made a guess that you were alluding to hi-back, bucket seats in your post. If that guess is incorrect, disregard all that follows.

I purchased and installed the least expensive "Bestop" hi-back seats sold by Quadratec in my CJ. I am very happy with the fit and finish, material quality, seating comfort and durability of those seats.

Here is a Quadratec.com hyperlink to those seats:

http://www.quadratec.com/cgi-bin/sg...2&UREQC=3&UREQD=4&FNM=00&UID=2003080521185576

Having lived with those seats for a while, I can offer a few gained-by-experience thoughts for your consideration:

(1) The seats provide a very upright seating position. I happen to like that seating position, but others might not -- a personal preference consideration.

(2) The Bestop seat bottom seems to be vertically thicker than the OEM lo-back seat bottom. The result of that extra thickness and the seat bottom padded side-bolsters is that some thigh space between the bottom of the steering wheel and seat is lost. Entry-Egress is a bit more difficult. Again, a personal preference consideration, but you should be made aware of that small loss of leg room.

(3) For reasons known only to the ancient Mesopotamian astronomers and contemporary Tibetan monks, the passenger front seat of a CJ-7 is slightly higher in elevation than the driver's seat. Therefore, if you have a tip-forward passenger seat riser AND a seat slider mechanism installed, the top of the hi-back passenger seat will graze the interior of the hardtop when the seat is tilted forward. This does not impede tipping of the seat, but -- just so you know.

(4) My seats are black vinyl, but vinyl seats of any color are fully capable of implementing a scorched earth policy on your buns during a sunny day when the CJ has been unoccupied and topless. I have found that a pair of easy-on/off cloth, bun-saver seatcovers to be worth carting around. Where you live, in southern CA, where we all know that it never rains, that might be an important consideration.

In summary, I am satisfied with the seats. Should the need arise, I would happily purchase another pair.

I hope that my unsolicited, unprovoked and seat-of-my-pants seat review proved worthy of your investment of reading time.

Regards,

Inspector-G :D

Back