price for a ford 9"?

hoobness

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: 2006 or 07 Redesigned Wrangler

Looking in my local classifieds just now and I see a ford 9" :

"from a mid 80s F100, less than 1K miles on rebiult, nds 2 b cleaned up, Not posi, includes leafs, AR rims, tires, pd over $400, sell for $135/bo"

Is this a good price? Would probably sit under a tarp in the woods til summer...

Re: RE: Re: The death of Hunter S. Thompson

hoobness said:
Sorry about the cross post...
So delete the other one and save a mod from a brain hemmorage :lol:

Seroiusly though, this is the right forum for your question. Most of the folks who can answer your question read all the forums anyhow.

sorry 'bout that, wont happen again

Ill delete it.

but back to the question, sould I hop on it while i have the money?

So it comes with leaves, wheels, tires, and is freshly rebuilt...I'd take it if I was in the market for a 9"

But, I'll say that I've never bought or modified a 9" in anyway, so I may be missing something. But if not, it sounds good to me.

If that's what you want, buy it! Good price

RE: Here is a MOD every homeowner with a lawn should have

Ive decided to learn about the drivetrain for now, off road.com has some great articles...

ive learned my peugot is junk, my np207 is junk, "offroad.com" says its "widely scorned" and my dana 30, and 35 axles arent too far behind.

I will be installing 33x12.5s,and a 4 -5" lift when the get here. Will my drivetrain hold up to my mostly hwy driving and ever increasing appetite for off road and more power? i know for a fact that Im not really into the mudding thing. I prefer going up and over and around obsticles.

off road.com says the ford 9" is a great swap for the rear axle in a YJ, because there is minimal fab.

Sure it's a great swap, but coming from an F100 it'll be way too wide, much wider than stock YJ axles.

Don't believe everything you read on your stock jeep specs, actual experience varies. I had an '88 YJ with the Peugeot, D35, and D30. Ran them hard behind a built 350 with no problems. I had the 231, no experience with the 207 that came in early '87s.

Throw the 33" and lift on there and run it, you'll be just fine. In the off chance something breaks, then you go ahead with the upgrade.

Consider a Ford 8.8 rear axle from a '95+ Ford Exploder or similar vehicle. They have disc brakes and can be found with limited slip diff and down to a 4.10 ratio. Similar width as the YJ and same lug pattern. Leave the D30 alone for now, they're fairly strong and reputable.

thats great to know, more at ease now.

What do the numbers mean after the word "Dana" 30, 35, 44, 60, 61, 70... ?

What do the numbers mean after the word "Dana" 30, 35, 44, 60, 61, 70... ?

Simply the model number of the axle... Bigger the number, the bigger the axle (at least in most cases)

Nathan

RE: YJ front upper shock adapters?

I'm with bounty... wheel what you got for now.. then upgrade...

the 8.8 is a GREAT choice

Ive got a junky 1980 ford f-150 sitting in my yard. Its 4wd with a 351w engine and automatic trans. Ive been trying to find as much info on the drivetrain as possible. Is this something that is worth holding onto and potentially using to upgrade a yj wrangler (6cyl,auto). Thanks.

Back