Powder Coating a Roof Rack

mysharona

The Garvin Tilting Rack has begun its demise despite my best interventions (rust never sleeps a la Neil Young). The idea has been suggested that I give it the powder coat treatment. I'm a wonderin how much this might run...any idear's give me a holler. Thank you fine folks.

POR 15 will do the trick and do it cheaper than the powder coat. My 2 cents. tug

to get a dash board out of my hot rod professionally powder coated, It ran me $100, it can be had for cheaper, but due to the size of the racks, probably will cost more. I say sand it down or use a grinder, prime the hell out of it with rustoleum, and spray paint. POR 15 is great, it is the ball accually, but is a bit pricy for a cheap wad like me!

Rustoleum 'heavy rust' primer and Rustoleum paint, keeps the rust down and super easy to touch up. You're talkin some $$ to have it powder coated, if somebody has an oven that large.

i had two tips whom stated it would run about $100-150. then i spoke to a gentleman at the gym and he stated it would be more than that. he has done it to his rack (gorgeous green Def 90). i will do the research and in the meantime thanks for the responses. the rack was sanded down about a year ago, pre-treated and then given the POR-15 treatment (with the additional UV resistor). it didn't last in the florida climate. i used POR-15 for some underbody rust and it has held up well. the welding spots created in order to save shipping costs seems to be the weakness with this rack. not mentioning their customer service. thanks again.

Back