Please help price a heavily customized TJ

gtfann

2000 Jeep Wrangler 122,000 miles
new Jasper 350 V8, 327 HP, 3 year -- 75,000 mile warranty
new 700 Trans 4spd overdrive, 3 year -- 75,000 mile warranty
B&M Shifter
6 1/2" Skyjacker 7000 suspension lift

The new aftermarket V8, new auto transmission, and new lift kit were all put on by a professional installer only 327 miles ago. I asked the guy what he wanted for the jeep and he said, "make me an offer". What would be a good, fair offer for this jeep??? Please help.

Extensive modifications don't always increase the value. To alot of people they actually lower it. It's really impossible to guess without inspecting the Jeep. Two different custom Jeeps could have the exact same setup on paper, but one might be worth alot more because of quality craftsmanship....and the other might be a total piece of junk.

I'd start at the book value, and add or subtract from that depending on how YOU view the mods that are done. If he expects to sell it for what he has invested in it......walk away, unless it's really nice.

Does it have a clean and clear title?

All that power, I would make sure he has some beefy axles under there. What size tires? Is it regeared to match the larger tire size? I would make sure it has no crazy driveshaft setup too.

90 Stock tran

Ritt said:
Very suspicious. Why would he dump all that money into it and sell it??
then again, he said "make me an offer" so it doesnt completely sound like he wants to get rid of it, but like eveyrthing, its always for sale for the right price.

The book value on it is about $10,000. That milage really hurts the value of it.

If it has the stock axles, I would offer ALOT less than that. But if the axles are built D60's or better...I'd offer right around the book value.

Like others said, it really depends on how the work was done. You say it was professionally done, but that means nothing. I've seen plenty of "professionals" who do crappy work

RE: 90 Stock tran

Many uears ago when i was dumb and stupid, i bought an Art CArrr racing C-4 transmission for my 88 Mustang GT that i had redone. The transmission was installed by a "proffessional" and he told me i had a year warranty. 3 weeks later i was driving home for work and the transmission blew up. Took it to him and her said that the sprag blew and i would have to give him 400 bucks for the parts. so i did. Well while he had my car, which had a brand spanking new paint job done about 5 months earlier, he left it out in the sun next to a sprinkler head. Every morning the sprinkler would come on soak my car, then my car would sit in the sun and bake all day. sp when i got the car bacl the 2nd time the paint was ruined, $5000 paint job done. Another 3 weeks goes by and i am driving on tthe Jersey turnpike going to my cousins wedding, when all of a sudden i smell transmission fluid burning and see smoke bellowing out the rear of my car. I stop and look underneath in time to see transmission fluid pouring out of the transmission. This proffessional took my old transmission, spainted it, and stuck an art carr decal on it. He did a shift kit and a higher torque converter. The rest of the transmission was original with 98,000 hard miles and the planetary gears were shot when i got the new transmission put in. Needless to say that he was called a "proffessional" and was even a big time racer in the record books at ATCO and English town raceway for fastest mustangs. Proffessional does not really mean anything to me, the reputation and research does. Be Very Careful.

dropseys said:
Many uears ago when i was dumb and stupid, i bought an Art CArrr racing C-4 transmission for my 88 Mustang GT that i had redone. The transmission was installed by a "proffessional" and he told me i had a year warranty. 3 weeks later i was driving home for work and the transmission blew up. Took it to him and her said that the sprag blew and i would have to give him 400 bucks for the parts. so i did. Well while he had my car, which had a brand spanking new paint job done about 5 months earlier, he left it out in the sun next to a sprinkler head. Every morning the sprinkler would come on soak my car, then my car would sit in the sun and bake all day. sp when i got the car bacl the 2nd time the paint was ruined, $5000 paint job done. Another 3 weeks goes by and i am driving on tthe Jersey turnpike going to my cousins wedding, when all of a sudden i smell transmission fluid burning and see smoke bellowing out the rear of my car. I stop and look underneath in time to see transmission fluid pouring out of the transmission. This proffessional took my old transmission, spainted it, and stuck an art carr decal on it. He did a shift kit and a higher torque converter. The rest of the transmission was original with 98,000 hard miles and the planetary gears were shot when i got the new transmission put in. Needless to say that he was called a "proffessional" and was even a big time racer in the record books at ATCO and English town raceway for fastest mustangs. Proffessional does not really mean anything to me, the reputation and research does. Be Very Careful.

Dang

Back