PICS: Red Sands El Paso!!!!!

mingez

Here is are some pics from my recent trail ride to Red Sands just outside of El Paso. Me in "6 Pack" , my buddy Omar in his Blazer, and my friends Rudy and Saul with sons. Very good time, especially with the kiddos.
I thought some of you East Coasters, and Midwest folks might like a change of environment. :wink:

And we're off! Shot thru my windsheild, the Desert around EP is very strange, anything can pop up.
image-missing.png

Destination in site.
image-missing.png

Time to leave the Kiddos with Dad so we can do some playing!! That mountain in the background has some treacherous trails etc.
image-missing.png

Cool shot of my XJ and Omar's Blazer. (Yucca plant in foreground, those things are everywhere)
image-missing.png

6 Pack in all her glory atop a red dune.
image-missing.png

looks good. I don't think my jeep is ever going to see sand like that. stuck in NJ

Nice pic's Mingez! It must be nice to go wheelin' and not have to change every fluid in your Jeep! That place looks awesome.

That is a far cry from what you find in the north east! Lokks sweet! I love the blazer. I so miss my 77

Nice pics mingez!I gotta get out to the dunes sometime!

jps4jeep, 1983 Blazer to be exact. It's very worthy (but I beat em on the hill climbs all the time. (my horn: "Toot toot"! :lol:

Yeah guys the sand is pretty cool to wheel on. It's almost as fine as the gypsum up at white sands (you know, where the H Bomb was tested) It's nice because the ride is soooooo smooth, makes it tough to get up the smallest dune, but it's like surfin' with your Jeep!! Really cool.

Next trip is up to white sands. Will post pics if my camera can handle all of the light.

TJ Hard Top For Sale

cool... i might be visiting san antonia in another month on business.. would love to ride along for some of that....

jps4jeep said:
OH, it has the grill off an 80.

Johnny, I am on crack, you are right... it's an 80. I'm not up on my blazers evidentally. I asked him today at work. I guess that's the ONLY year that grill was used. Nice job.

Laura LOL, wicked beautiful it is... but come May, it'll be wicked hot!!

Graewulf, San Antonio only 18 hours away. Let me know dude we'll wheel!!!

Sully, I tried, but that sand is sooo loose. I'll try harder next time.

Laneiac, Thanks for the compliment my man.

mingez said:
jps4jeep said:
OH, it has the grill off an 80.

Johnny, I am on crack, you are right... it's an 80. I'm not up on my blazers evidentally. I asked him today at work. I guess that's the ONLY year that grill was used. Nice job.quote]

I may be a jeeper, but I will always be a chevy man at heart.

My first truck was a 77 blazer, accually I still have it (hasn't moved in 8 years though.) I love Chevy's, at one point I owned 4 gm's

So why do they callit Red Sands? heheheeh That would be such a great place to play. Nice pics thanks for the chance to go there with you thorough the lens. tug

Back